At Arup, we design and deliver groundbreaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Around the globe, our electrical engineers bring specialist expertise to solutions for buildings, transport infrastructure and energy, water and waste utilities.
Our comprehensive services include energy audits, demand assessment, supply and system resilience, utilities consultancy and sustainable electrical engineering design.
Whether in commercial property, retail, sport, mission-critical facilities, the arts or any market, we meet the creative and commercial demands of designers and developers.
We are trusted to bring inventive solutions to complex technical challenges: from exemplar hospitals like the Alfred Hospital Intensive Care Unit to science and technology facilities such as Cornell’s energy recovery linear accelerator and the Citi Data Centre.
About the role
Right now we’re looking for Graduate Electrical Engineers to join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
We have a range of roles on offer this year, including but not limited to the following sectors of work:
- Building Design
- Intelligent Transport Systems
More information on the specifics of each role can be found on our website by searching for your degree discipline.
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) your chosen sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Minimum of a BEng degree coupled with relevant experience
- Preference for a Masters degree in most roles
- An IET accredited degree
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An enthusiasm for a career within Electrical Engineering
- Enjoy working as part of a close-knit teamAble to adapt to the requirements of your clients
Individual role requirements may vary so we encourage you to check our job descriptions carefully.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects through our Early Development Scholarship
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Application deadlines are in mid-November, please check individual roles for exact details.
How to Apply:
Once you click apply you will reach our vacancy results page. Please select the relevant area of application interest to be able to apply for the specific role.