MF116 - Mathematics and/or Science Facilitator for Children’s Education Social Enterprise
Do you enjoy working with maths (including science, technology and engineering)? Would you like to contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being? Are you creative and able to think outside the box? We’re looking for people who can help us turn maths into entertainment.
Numbermix is an award-winning Social Enterprise and mathematics programme. Our programmes include:
- Active maths sessions in schools to tackle childhood obesity and raise attainment.
- A maths and science school for home-schooled children and/or those not in mainstream education.
- A maths and science tuition centre for children of all ages and abilities.
- Mathematical activity boxes for children aged 3 to 7.
- And many more on the way!
We are an innovative organisation with big ideas and we are growing rapidly. We are looking for an individual with the energy and enthusiasm to be an important part of our exciting journey.
There are many aspects to this role:
- Delivering maths sessions in schools and lesson preparation
- Entertainment/education research
- Building a fun ecosystem of mathematics
- Mathematics/science tutoring
- Sales, marketing, PR, social media
- Liaising with designers, illustrators and storywriters
- Putting on maths and science community events
- Preparing maths resources for parents to give them the tools to make maths fun at home
- New business development
You will need to be highly numerate, fun, hardworking and enthusiastic, and able to contribute creatively to children’s academic, physical and social well-being.
No experience is necessary – enthusiasm and great ideas are more important to us.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly efficient and be able to prioritise their work load effectively.
They will be able to demonstrate:
- High level of numeracy, A level maths and a quantitative degree discipline
- Excellent organisation skills
- Be very thorough with good attention to detail
- Highly personable and able to get along with customers, schools and tutors alike
- IT literate with good experience of all Office packages
We are located in Amersham (South Buckinghamshire) on the Metropolitan line. For more information, please visit www.numbermix.com.
If you are as excited by this opportunity as we are and would like to find out more, please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please use the subject line 'MF116 - Mathematics Facilitator’ in your correspondence.
We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can start this exciting journey together.