Web Content Administrator
Reports to: Account Manager
Orange Learning Ltd www.orangelearning.com is a small young growing business using web based technology to run communication, business simulation and e-learning programmes for a variety of organisations.
For the last 8 years we have been developing induction programmes for students in their first year at University. In this sector we work with a marketing partner and have a joint venture company with them (STEMS by RP Ltd) to take advantage of the huge potential in this sector. www.stems.org.uk We are already market leaders in the UK and have recently begun working in Australia and the USA.
This is a new role, based at our office in Christchurch in Dorset, it involves developing web based programmes for specific clients, overseeing the product development of new versions and updates of existing products assigned and dealing with detailed implementation plans for named customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for either a New Media or Computer Science graduate to join a growing business at an early stage of its development. Knowledge of web technologies is essential, as is an ability to deal with and build relationships with customers. Knowledge of computer networks and secure data transfer would be helpful but is not essential. The candidate also needs to be a good team player in an environment where workload peaks are shared.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Duties and Responsibilities
University Induction programmes
- Adding, amending and updating content
- Learning how to modify sites
- Setting up new sites
- Amending existing sites
Student Room Inventory and Room Inspection
- Become fully conversant with the working of the products
- Assist in site set up and implementation
- Assist with technical support for existing clients as required
- Test new features as required
Team Member. Be a team player in:
- Assisting workload balance at peak times.
- Contributing towards design improvements for all products
- Contributing towards the technical development of all products
- Putting forward innovations that the company can exploit
- Building goodwill and good working relationships with all colleagues and clients