We are delighted to announce the confirmed companies attending, our headline sponsor and the inspirational speakers and skills sessions to look out for.
On Monday 28th September 2020, we are inviting over 400 women looking to start careers in technology or currently working in the industry, to an exclusive networking and careers event at the prestigious QE2 Centre in London.
Sponsored by Bloomberg, this event is dedicated to the technology sector and will be split into two parts. The first half is a graduate event for female STEM university students considering a career in tech. Following this, there will be a networking and skills evening for experienced women currently working in the tech sector.
The event will allow delegates to network with employers and fellow attendees, hear inspirational talks, take part in panel sessions and join a growing community of women in technology.
Alongside our fabulous event sponsor, Bloomberg, many more tech companies have already confirmed their attendance. These include AND Digital, EY, Analysys Mason, TPP, Altius, SPEKTRIX, Alacrity Foundation, Tessella, Framestore, Fund Apps, and IBM, with many more to be announced!
Over the course of both events, we have invited two esteemed keynote speakers to share their expertise in a range of keynote speeches and skills sessions.
Executive Leadership Coach and Keynote Speaker Sarah Perugia will be hosting a number of skills sessions throughout the two events. In these sessions, Sarah will offer advice and practical skills on how to pitch with passion, present with confidence and network powerfully. Fast-moving, fun and interactive, you’ll learn ways to flex your thinking and behavior in order to get the best possible results in the workplace. From ways to perfect your breathing in stressful situations, to small changes to your posture, these sessions will help female leaders, and aspiring leaders, fulfill their potential and achieve their goals.
During the second part of the event, businesswoman, writer, and comedian, Julia Streets will present a keynote speech on innovation in financial services and technology and the importance of diversity and inclusion. She has enjoyed a 25+ year career in financial services and previously held senior executive positions in stock exchange groups and an international brokerage firm.
Julia will also chair panel sessions with representatives from a number of tech companies which will address a number of issues relevant to professionals in the early years of their career. The topics covered will include practical careers advice, tips on managing a team, advice relating to professional qualifications, how to maintain a good work/life balance, how to deal with imposter syndrome and an insight into what tech employers are looking for.
Graduate Event Schedule – 11.45 am – 3.30 pm
- Students arrive and hear a welcome talk from our event sponsors, Bloomberg.
- This is followed by a panel session featuring a number of female representatives from top tech companies. They will cover a range of topics, from what it’s like to work in tech, to advice on the application process and inspirational stories about how to succeed in technology roles.
- Throughout the day, Sarah Perugia will host a number of skills sessions focused on pitching with confidence and powerful networking.
- Networking will run until 3.30 pm, when the event ends.
Experienced Event Schedule – 5.00 pm-8.30 pm
For women currently working in technology, with 1-5 years’ experience, looking to build their professional network and learn new skills.
- Attendees arrive, networking begins and refreshments are served.
- At 6 pm, delegates hear a welcome talk from our event sponsors, Bloomberg followed by an inspiring keynote speech from Julia Streets.
- Networking continues throughout the evening.
- Two optional talks will take place at 7 pm, and again at 8 pm. Delegates can choose between an employer insight panel session or a skills session with Sarah Perugia.
- Networking runs until 8.30 pm, when the event ends.
Whether you’re a current student, recent graduate, early years professional or a recruiter for a tech company, the STEM Women Technology Event sponsored by Bloomberg is the perfect networking opportunity for women in tech.
Head over to our events page to register for your ticket today!
At STEM Women we’re on a mission to address the gender imbalance in STEM in the UK. Last year, we held ten events in different cities across the UK and Ireland and introduced over 3,000 students to over 180 employers.
Enjoy this blog? Check out our guide to the reasons why you should attend networking events.