MJ Hudson Graduate Rotation Scheme
Be bold – become a future leader of MJ Hudson
At MJ Hudson, we’re searching for our future leaders who will be able to lead teams and continue to ensure the company remains as a market leader. The scheme will offer you the opportunity to rotate through the business and gain experience and develop knowledge across a number of our teams and offices throughout Europe.
A summary of the story behind MJ Hudson
MJ Hudson, the asset management consultancy, provides expertise and infrastructure support to fund managers, investors and other specialists in the asset management industries. The firm’s services include law, fund management solutions (including IR & marketing services), international administration, investment advisory, and data & analytics.
This comprehensive range of capabilities, coupled with MJ Hudson’s ability to draw on many industry perspectives, allows the firm to build project teams that are extremely effective at helping clients achieve multiple goals. From its offices across Europe’s major asset management centres and North America, MJ Hudson’s team of more than 150 professionals works for clients managing and advising more than $1Trn of assets. The firm has expertise in all traditional and alternative asset classes, including equities and bonds, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, energy, and credit.
MJ Hudson operates out of offices in London, Amsterdam Jersey, Guernsey, Zurich, Milan, Luxembourg, Canada and USA.
You will spend time in the following divisions; Investment Advisory, Fund Management Solutions, Tax-Advantaged Investments and IR and Marketing Solutions. You may also be offered the opportunity to spend some time working within MJ Hudson Spring (our Responsible Investment Services team) from our Amsterdam office.
The scheme will enable you to work with front-line staff on client projects, gaining an understanding of the industry from a practitioner’s perspective.
IR & Marketing Solutions
MJ Hudson’s Investor Relations & Marketing team helps its clients identify and communicate what makes them relevant and what makes them special. Our work helps our clients raise money, improve market share and increase the value of their brands. We work primarily with fund managers, advisers and service providers operating in asset management, with a focus on alternative assets, including private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate and credit. We also work with established corporates and newer businesses on capital raising exercises and thought leadership projects.
Fund Management Solutions
Our Fund Management Solutions (FMS) team works with fund managers and regulated advisers in financial services, delivering tailored advice and award-winning services that help them launch and grow their funds. From our offices across Europe’s major asset management centres in London, Guernsey and Luxembourg, MJ Hudson provides a complete European funds platform that includes Manager and Manco services, a full AIFM and fund administration, as well as FCA Appointed Representative services. In combination with our other service lines, the FMS team covers the alternative investment space from every angle, providing integrated legal, administration, regulatory and marketing services.
Our experienced team of analysts and advisers provide our clients with specialist advice and analytical services, across a wide spectrum of assets. Initially established as Allenbridge, MJ Hudson’s Investment Advisory team now operates under MJ Hudson Allenbridge, providing a range of investment consultancy and independent advisory services. With a high-calibre advisory team that offers substantial senior experience across the investment and pension fund industry, we are well placed to provide proactive assistance on all investment and governance matters. Our clients benefit from the strength of our dedicated team, process philosophy and long-standing knowledge of the market and our commitment to delivering comprehensive and accessible research.
MJ Hudson Allenbridge provides a dedicated research service devoted to independent commentary on UK tax-advantaged investments. We offer a full range of independent in-depth reviews across Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs), Enterprise Investment Schemes (EISs), Seed Enterprise Investment Schemes (SEISs), Business Relief (BR) and AIM Inheritance Tax Services. We believe that better performance is achieved through better research which, for us, comes from a good governance process, diverse views and a process free of conflicts of interest.
MJ Hudson Spring (Responsible Investment Services)
Investors derive value from the performance of funds and their underlying portfolio companies and are increasingly concerned about the environmental and social impacts they make. MJ Hudson Spring helps investors integrate ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) aspects throughout the investment processes.
- Working with the fund management team to deliver regulatory and structuring solutions to new fund managers
- Researching and analysing investment funds with the investment advisory business
- Supporting the Investor Relations Director and team to deliver marketing collateral for client projects.
- Working with the tax-advantaged investments team, you will be involved in writing products reports and selecting some of these products for clients’ panels.
Who are we looking for?
- Undergraduates in their final year or those who have already completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Smart and talented individuals who want to work somewhere distinctive
- Motivated, hardworking individuals who can demonstrate their stamina and commitment
- Self-starters with a curious and adaptable mind, who can bring a fresh perspective
- People who like to work collaboratively and are willing to help where needed and pitch in
Why work for us?
- Our culture differentiates us. How we do what we do is out of the ordinary
- Seize the responsibility, scope and range of work on offer
- Work with interesting, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds
- Join a community of people who work well together and enjoy each other’s company
- Do meaningful work where your skills will have an impact
- Constantly learn and grow, in an ever-changing entrepreneurial environment which is never boring
What would our graduate rotation scheme offer you?
The scheme aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge that you need to go on to be successful leaders throughout your career.
On completion of the scheme, you may be considered for a permanent position within the Fund Management Solutions team, Tax-Advantaged Investments team or Investment Advisory team, depending on your interests, natural abilities and business needs.
Our rotation programme would allow you to:
- Gain an understanding of private equity-like fund structures, namely EIS, VCTs and IHT and the investment strategies they employ
- Learn how to assess fund managers’ investment vehicles using deep-dive due diligence techniques
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Learn how to put together insightful research reports and quarterly macroeconomic reviews
- Gain experience in fund accounting
All personal data submitted to us will be processed in accordance with European data protection legislation. We will never sell your personal data and we promise to keep you details safe and secure.
Due to the volume of applications, we are not always able to respond to everyone individually. If you do not receive a response to this email, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Email enquiries: email@example.com
Contact telephone number: 020 3463 3200
Website address: www.mjhudson.com
Location of the position advertised: London (with a possible short-term placement in Amsterdam)