RWE Supply & Trading GmbH is a subsidiary of RWE Group with a workforce of around 1,600, of which more than 400 employees are in an IT and Infrastructure function, so there are plenty of career progression opportunities for our talented IT professionals. We're proud to say that more than half of all RWEST employees have a continuous service with RWE Group for over 10 years. Our longest serving employee joined in 1976 – that's over 44 years of service! Not only the friendly atmosphere amongst our colleagues, but also the numerous career and development opportunities within the company, that offer our employees plenty of reasons to stay. As our business is ever growing, therefore brand new roles in industry-leading departments are created to find the best talent that will allow us to stay ahead of the market.
We are looking to hire an
Located in our Swindon office, on the M4 corridor
It´s an exciting time to join us. We are busy developing and enhancing our custom-built applications to help our traders maximise the value of both conventional and renewable generation assets.
Robust IT is a cornerstone of our company strategy and will continue to play an increasingly important role in our success as technology evolves.
As part of the embedded IT team, you will play a key role in developing and maintaining business-critical software for the UK short-term trading and hedging desks. “Embedded” means working directly alongside our traders. We build full-stack, tailor-made IT solutions to help traders optimise our fleet of power stations and quickly spot market opportunities. All of this is achieved using agile delivery processes and the latest technologies. Our goal is the fastest possible delivery cycle while maintaining the highest possible quality standards. We can only achieve this with the very best people!
Can you use your skills to help shape our IT landscape?
As part of your role, your responsibilities will include:
- Take full ownership to design, implement and maintain robust bespoke applications
- Manage rapid prototyping and implementation of solutions supporting users’ trading activities
- Be user-focused, working to understand and maximise the business value of the solution that is being developed
- Be technology-focused, keeping up to date with the latest cloud technologies, identifying where and how these technologies can be utilised
- Work with an agile methodology delivering solutions through DevOps
- Think creatively to ensure immediate business goals are satisfied, while long-term success of the solution is also achieved. We never stop looking for continuous improvement opportunities and ways to reduce technical debt.
- Work collaboratively with the team to define our technology strategy for the future and share best practice with other teams in IT and the business
- Participate in standby/on-call rota and travel occasionally
We want your talent.
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrable C#.Net development experience working at senior level
- Knowledge of Entity Framework, architecture/design patterns, e.g. MVVM and MVC, SOLID principles, WPF, WCF, relational database design
- Good knowledge of continuous integration/delivery methodology and tools, particularly Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Oracle/SQL Server, Postgres, DynamoDB databases
- Practical experience using agile (Scrum/Kanban) methodologies
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills rapidly within a commercial environment
- Willingness to act as a point of reference and to coach and train less experienced developers
- Strong customer focus ethic
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
The following are not essential but will help:
- Experience with AWS / Cloud technologies
- Experience with Containers, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in re-architecting traditional systems to cloud-specific technologies
What we value most is passion, willingness to learn and a determined and resilient work ethic. So, if you can display most of the skills above then we would like to hear from you.
Working alongside our traders and analysts gives you the opportunity to shape the commercial business from an IT perspective! Right from the beginning you’ll be making a difference within the embedded team and this will be supplemented by a variety of comprehensive on-the-job learning.
We are also able to offer you the following:
- Working in one of the most interesting business contexts; a mixture of energy trading and IT!
- Working in an agile team on things which matter
- Competitive salary and benefits package plus annual discretionary bonus
- Open and diverse company culture
- Flexible working policy
A full time, permanent role, which gives you the opportunity to become part of a dynamic team embracing new technologies.
We would consider job share for this role, if that's something that would be of interest please raise it during the interview.
You need more details?
Find out more on https://rwestcareers.com/careers-in-it/ or contact Stephanie Turi: firstname.lastname@example.org in Recruiting.
Please submit your application by 22.04.2021.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
You can find out more about how we operate on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and Xing.