At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Wates Building Services
Wates Building Services (WBS) sits within our Construction business. It is our dedicated in-house mechanical and electrical delivery service specializing in the design and installation of building services and infrastructure solutions covering all aspect of M&E.
This role is available within various locations. Please click here and use the filters that are available on the left-hand side of the webpage to search for roles that may be available within your preferred location.
If you're interested in design and like putting your analytical and problem-solving skills to the test, then our Building Services Engineering Management Programme may be the pathway for you.
Building Services manage the complex systems that bring a building to life. Managing the living and working environment on a project can range from controlling the temperature, lighting, data, fire systems and much more, to designing and planning the installation of these services.
Our Building Services Engineering Graduate programme is an important step towards becoming a Building Services professional. You will be expected to engage in on-the-job training in key elements of construction, including mechanical and electrical engineering, design, planning, health and safety, operations and commercial.
As a Wates BuildingServices Engineer trainee, you will be involved in:
- Advising on cost-effective and energy efficient systems
- Drawing up plans, using computer-aided design and building information modelling software
- Testing systems and making changes to plans where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services and managing their maintenance once the building is completed
- Making sure all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our WBS business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem-solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offer
You will have obtained or be working towards a 2:1 degree in an engineering-related subject.
This role also requires a grade 4/C in Maths and English GCSE.
This role will close on Sunday 17th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.