About Jane Street
Jane Street is a quantitative trading firm with a unique focus on technology, a scientific approach, and a deep understanding of markets to guide our business. We are a global liquidity provider and market maker, operating around the clock and around the globe, employing over 700 people in our offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
We're looking for people who want to be in a challenging, constantly changing environment full of smart and intellectually curious people. We have a flat organizational structure with few titles. The environment at Jane Street is open, informal, intellectual and fun. You can wear a t-shirt and jeans to the office every day, the kitchen is stocked, and discussions are always lively.
Teaching and learning are central activities through classes, mentoring and discussion.
About the role
This role involves working with various groups within the firm to assess, document and solve problems.
- Identify, propose and implement process/technical improvements to:
- support complex trading strategies
- assure compliance with new regulations
- improve cost structure
- identify ways to leverage existing processes and technical opportunities to reduce workload
- Analyze data for both internal and external parties
- Insure documented adherence to regulatory and legal requirements
- The role includes both high and low-level work with a variable mix of project management (working with teammates) and rolling up your sleeves.
- Enjoy rapidly learning master complex concepts quickly including technical, financial and legal
- Develop a broad range of technical skills including developing an understanding of how to make database queries and understanding, if not necessarily creating, computer code
- Comfortable taking high-level concepts, filling in the gaps necessary to make informed decisions and then taking the necessary steps to ensure those decisions are executed
- Proactive and self-motivated with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, courteous and flexible team player