At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
This role is available within various locations. Please click on the link below and use the filters that are available on the left-hand side of the webpage to search for roles that may be available within your preferred location.
As a Wates Living Space Business Management Trainee, you will be given the opportunity to gain an understanding and develop your knowledge of the core Living Space business. You will support key functions on a rotational basis to ensure you develop a full and rounded overview of the Living Space business and you will gain knowledge in:
- Work Winning – developing your understanding and skills in preparing tenders, engaging with potential clients and gaining an appreciation of our client needs
- Site Management – working with the project delivery team and gaining experience on our site, with residents and our customers
- Commercial – supporting commercial teams to ensure projects are commercially strong and ensuring accurate business reporting
- The programme also incorporates three other 2-month rotations in either Finance, IT, Bid or Customer Service.
On completion of the programme, you will be able to develop your career in either Site Management or Commercial within Living Space and start to work towards Chartership with the relevant professional institute.
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
If your degree is in a non-construction related subject, you will also complete a higher apprenticeship in Construction Management as part of your trainee scheme. This is in addition to the structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in the specific business area that you will be working in
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offer
You will have obtained or be working towards a 2:1 degree in any subject.
This role also requires a Grade 4/C in Maths and English GCSE.
This role will close on Sunday 17th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.
If you are interested in joining our Living Space business, please apply now