Looking to become a future leader in our business? Then join one of our corporate programmes and go on a fast-moving learning journey with a leading transport operator which employs around 100,000 people and generates billions of pounds of revenue.
Getting to grips with real-life projects within our finance, commercial or another corporate function, you’ll learn quickly on the job. You’ll go on a wide range of placements during which you’ll help us to grow our business and make a big impact on the lives of millions of customers.
Developing your skills from day one, your good commercial or financial brain will enable you to see the bigger picture and spot opportunities to improve the way we work. Adapting to new challenges, you’ll be able to analyse and interpret data and understand the impact decisions have on our customers, colleagues and business. As our industry is always on the move, you’ll also need the flexibility to move locations across the business over 2 or 3 years to work with a variety of teams and broaden your experience. On the finance programme you will also be supported to achieve your financial qualifications.
As a talented graduate who will enjoy getting stuck into new challenges from day one you should:
- Have at least a 2:1 degree in business, finance, accounting, business administration or any programme relevant subject
- Be curious, enthusiastic and passionate about understanding how our business operates and how you can help us achieve our goals
- Ideally have some business or finance experience or work, internship or volunteering experience
- Be able to collaborate and build strong relationships with colleagues at every level
- Always put our customers at the heart of everything you do
- Have the ambition to drive your own career development.
At FirstGroup, we provide easy and convenient mobility, improving quality of life by connecting people and communities. As a leading transport operator in the UK and North America, we offer talented graduates exciting futures and many different career routes. As part of our team of 100,000 people, you’ll help to make a big impact on the lives of millions of customers who travel on our rail, bus and tram services.
Last year around two billion people relied on our services to visit family and friends or get to work, school or college. Here, you could look forward to great perks, lots of training and learning, access to great networks and delivery of real and impactful work.
If you’re looking to develop your skills, grow your career and take on new challenges – your journey starts here.