Start date: June 2020
Duration: 3 months full time placement
- Working towards Masters or PhD degree in quantitative fields like Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Mining, Data Science), Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Electrical Engineering
- Please ensure you apply with your CV in English
- Technical Test
- Kaggle Challenge at our offices
- F2F Interview
Are you ready to rock machine learning, advanced analytical and statistical techniques to drive millions of choices made on our websites and marketing decisions every single day?
Our data science interns experiment the use of advanced, emergent techniques across the business to fix the hardest problems, they take discoveries and ideas and transform them into products and actions in a dynamic, commercially driven and results focused environment.
What you’ll do
- Apply solid coding skills, strong analytical and innovative thinking, and
Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning expertise to quickly learn new
domains and turn innovative ideas into working solutions
• Use statistics, distributions and confidence intervals to make decisions
based on data
• Manipulate large data sets for business insights and drive solutions
• Communicate complex analytical topics in a clean & simple way to
multiple partners and senior leadership (both internal & external)
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Working towards Masters or PhD degree in quantitative fields like
Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural
Language Processing, Data Mining, Data Science), Mathematics,
Statistics, Operations Research, Electrical Engineering
• Solid theoretical understanding of supervised and unsupervised
machine learning algorithms like Regression, Naïve Bayes, Decision
Trees, Random Forests, Boosted Decision Trees, SVMs, Neural Networks,
• Must-have: Scala and/or Python, SQL
• Nice-to-have: Java, R, CUDA, C++
Data Science Technologies:
• A few of these: Spark/PySpark, MLlib, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Caffe, Python ML libs (Pandas, Matplotlib, Scipy, Sklearn, Numpy etc)
• Nice-to-have: Hive, Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®,