Our Development Graduate Programme
Locations: London and Birmingham
Our Development business has a proven global track record in delivering complex mixed use large scale urban regeneration schemes incorporating residential, retail and offices, to establish a new benchmark for best practice in urban regeneration within the European market, including Elephant Park, International Quarter London, and Timberyard Deptford. We operate an integrated team model to manage the entire development process, from masterplanning and site acquisition, consulting with local authorities on planning, to project management, sales and leasing or even asset management.
In addition to our expertise in real estate, Lendlease believes technology and data, infrastructure and service systems can be used to enhance the way our cities work. We use digitisation and analytics to generate insights to improve the design and performance of the places we deliver. We believe smart solutions, including smart cities will also be enabled when urban environments and cities deliver superior environmental, social and economic outcomes for our communities.
To continue building our legacy in real estate development and support our innovation efforts in smart cities technology, we offer two graduate pathways: Development Project Management and Urban Analytics & Smart Cities.
Both pathways are designed to enhance your skills, build your experience and provide you with an in-depth understanding of development across our key sector businesses, including Urban Realm, residential, retail and office teams.
Your duties include but are not limited to:
- You will be exposed to and involved in the full development cycle, building on your commercial acumen;
- You will be actively managing stakeholders;
- You will experience functional areas such as safety, sustainability, marketing and operational excellence.
- If you choose to go on the Urban Analytics & Smart Cities route, your focus will be on designing and delivering superior urban analytics and smart city solutions for our projects.
You will be supported through a structured learning and development programme, a variety of on-the-job assignments, and networking opportunities, including:
- An annual conference; developing your self-awareness and ability to build great relationships;
- A series of business capability workshops in areas such as negotiating and business acumen;
- Ongoing catch-ups with senior leaders to encourage and steer your progress;
- A buddy and a mentor.
- Funding of your annual membership and associated fees, plus access to a qualified advisor to help you achieve your professional RICS status (candidates with a RICS accredited degree).
- The right to live and work in the UK;
- A minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree in real estate, estate management, engineering or economics;
- A degree with a specialism in technology, data processing or smart cities would be encouraged for the Urban Analytics route;
- Some relevant and demonstrable work experience.
Application Process & Timeline
Closing date is 3rd of February 2019.
STEP 1 – Online Application Form (including submission of CV)
You will be asked to provide your basic details, upload a copy of your CV and answer 2 questions in relation to your application to our Graduate Programme.
TIP: Why not get a head start and prepare your answers to our 2 questions before you begin to complete the online application form. You will be asked:
1) What attracts you to starting your careers with Lendlease? (max. 300 words)
2) What are the top 3 strengths that make you a great fit for your selected stream (i.e. Construction, Consulting, Development, Finance or Central Function)? (max. 300 words)
STEP 2 – Video Interview
STEP 3 – Assessment Centre (to be run in March 2019)