Job Location: Feltham and Reading
Want a job that matches your passion? Want to be supported to build your career?
You’ll work on a 3-year rotational programme, exploring a variety of roles at Cisco, building your professional experience, and completing a BSc degree on your apprenticeship. You’ll be fully supported to find opportunities at Cisco that play to your passions and strengths – developing your experience and knowledge for a successful career. You’ll be at the cutting edge of our exciting technology; watching things evolve and creating new ways of doing things. You could work directly with technology or support the people that make it happen.
At Cisco – voted the world’s No 1 place to work – each person brings their unique talents to work together and make a difference. We encourage everyone to be their own individual self. Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco
We’re passionate about empowering women into tech careers. Our apprentices play a major part to encourage women to explore tech – so you’ll make a difference during your career at Cisco.
What’s the job like
- Partner with international brands to deliver solutions to their business problems.
- Manage projects, making sure we deliver on our contracts with customers. You’ll be communicating with project stakeholders and hitting deadlines.
- Design, test, and deploy our technology and understand the engineering behind it to break and fix it.
- Analyse and unpick what our data means to inform what and how we do our work.
- Meet hundreds of Cisco employees from all over the world; building contacts, working with and learning from the best tech experts.
- Help local communities by ‘giving back’ to fundraise, volunteer time and raise awareness of local causes.
- Gain a degree – you’ll work, earn and gain a BSc degree – the same qualification as a uni graduate. Cisco will support you through the programme and help you build a successful career.
- Community days – we love to give back to the community, and support you to do so. You’ll have 5 days off (in addition to paid time off) to give back to a cause that you care about.
- Birthday duvet day – for your birthday, you get a ‘duvet day’ off which you can take either 5 days before or after the day.
- Professional support – you’ll be part of a community that you will not only learn from, but make lifelong friends with. You’ll have fun along the way as you grow and develop as a professional.
- Salary increases – your salary will increase each year of the 3-year programme.
- Bonus package – including life assurance, health and dental care, and Cisco’s Perks Programme (covering discounts at national shops and reduced cinema tickets).
What we’re looking for
- Has a passion for technology
- Is motivated to learn
- Has the ambition and drive to succeed
- Uses a methodical approach, has good organisational skills and takes responsibility for their work
- Is focused on achieving results
- Communicates well and shows enthusiasm for what they work on
- Has the ability to persevere, and remain resilient and patient
- Can work independently, once shown what to do
Our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. And our people give us the edge.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – from launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building services that accelerate performance. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from smart cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone – we do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to make a difference, at work and in our communities.