About Brilliant Basics - ‘bb’
We’re in the business of products
In 2012, three seasoned agency professionals came together to create the kind of business that disrupted the traditional agency ‘projects’ model - something more than just another digital shop.
We create products that make life simply better®. We started with a simple belief that still holds true: brilliance comes from getting the basics right.
We focus less on projects and more on products
These may be digital, physical, spatial, wearable, apps, websites, innovation labs … We do this for our clients, our partners and ourselves.
Innovation isn’t technology, it’s a culture. Ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, and we help our clients create this culture in their businesses.
We create our own products and nurture our own entrepreneurs. And we collaborate with partners to turn ideas into valuable businesses.
Using human insight we solve complex challenges for enterprises, and build solid foundations for start-up products, bringing our lean, agile and creative approach to businesses of all sizes to create products that make life simply better.®
We are global:
We have 5 studios — London, Norwich, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore — and a growing team of 50 creatives, technologists, data scientists, strategists and digital natives working with clients all over the world.
Discover our work and studio on
- Research and identify industry best practices related to business needs
- Research, define, analyse and capture business and user needs and functional requirements
- Evaluate and assess products and solutions for feasibility and fit for client projects
- Understand business processes/problems and bring that understanding to discussions with developers and designers
- Collaborate with the creative and technology team members to ensure that business requirements adhere to technical and creative constraints
- Translate user stories into use cases in conjunction with the product design team
- Verify requirements are testable
- Write acceptance criteria for user stories / requirements in order to be tested
- Review test cases
- Collaborate with QA and Development team members to ensure that requirements are understood and met
- Facilitate working sessions to drive / define new requirements or changes
- Facilitate workshops with senior clients
- Communicate requests received by the client to the project leadership and team
- Identify risks and dependencies early and proactively bring them to the leadership team’s attention
- Articulate and demonstrate understanding of the roles of other team members in particular User Experience, Design, Content, Technology, QA
- Significant experience in business consulting and client services in areas such as CMS, digital products, eCommerce, user experience, analytics, marketing and CRM etc.
- Ability to analyse business requirements and define solutions to address complex business needs
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong judgment, issues management, and problem analysis techniques
- Strong presentation, facilitation, time management, and prioritisation skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities on simultaneous projects
- Capable of interacting with individuals at all client organisational levels
- Experience working in global projects preferred
- Process mapping and operational process optimisation a plus
- Financial ROI modelling (lift models and cost modelling) a plus
- Governance model design
- Business case development/support
- Jira and Confluence
- Microsoft Viso
- Microsoft Office and or Google Apps
- CBAP and CCBA level qualifications preferred
- 4 years+ relevant experience, ideally agency
- 25 days holiday per year
- Holiday buying scheme
- A busy social calendar
- Daily breakfast, real coffee beans
- Weekly fruit basket delivery
- A cake on your birthday
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme & secured bike racks in the summer