SMBC Bank International (SMBC BI) and their recruitment partner, Raw Talent Academy are proud to partner with www.stemwomen.co.uk to bring this unique opportunity to begin a career in banking to you, with a fantastic 2 year training rotation across the banks 3 major divisions, and a superb £50k PA salary, to start in February 2022.
SMBC BI are proud signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter and as equal opportunity employers, welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are open to exploring flexible and agile working patterns as appropriate.
About SMBC Group
(for further information please visit our microsite : https://www.rawtalentacademy.com/candidate-zone/smbc/
SMBC Group of companies provide a range of capital markets, securities and leasing products, thereby providing a universal portfolio of global financial services.
We are united by a sense of purpose towards our customers - to be a trusted partner for the long-term - and our universal banking platform in EMEA delivers a full suite of corporate finance products and solutions to our customers, including corporate, structured and trade finance, leveraged finance, loan market and treasury products.
At SMBC Group, we recognise that diversity of background, opinions and perspectives is vital for the sustainable growth of our organisation and benefits of our customers and stakeholders. Our aim is to build an inclusive work environment where each employee feels able to be their authentic self. DRIVE is the umbrella for our employee-led diversity networks and stands for diversity, respect, inclusion, value and equality.
SMBC BI is pleased to accept applications for our ‘ETP Program’: a rigorous and challenging 2 year rotation program, that will introduce and develop the applicant in each of our core banking functions: Risk and Credit; Coverage (RM), and Products. Having spent 8 months in each function, at the end of the 2 year cycle you will settle in a post in the function best suited to you.
The program is designed to effectively help you grow and foster the following:
- An enterprise-wide mindset and approach to work;
- Outstanding industry knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Independent points of view and to express them
- A thorough understanding of the bank’s internal procedures
You will also participate in all peer and cohort learning activities and projects, attend all development sessions, completing required assessments on time and attain The London Institute of Banking and Finance Chartered Associate Programme Qualification.
The 3 Rotations:
Risk / Credit - 8 months.
- Maintaining the Risk function’s information and database;
- Supporting application flow and processing of transactions
- Risk assessment of new asset finance transactions
- Management of a portfolio of asset credits including problem assets
- Working as a trusted partner and challenger with Front Office deal teams
Coverage Rotation - 8 months
- Conduct ‘Know Your Customer’ research and review
- Support marketing
- Prepare management information reports (eg Maturing facilities, overdue grading, KYC, Bridge Facility Reporting)
- Monitor Month-end uncommitted facilities to ensure renewed on time
Capital Products Rotation - 8 months
- Sourcing and compiling information and documentation from third party sources
- Reconciling and certifying cash flow or financial information, producing routing reports
- Liaising with clients and third parties
- Assisting in the performance of asset manager due diligence
- Contributing to marketing materials
- Attending client meetings to provide reports and develop client and inter-office relationships
GCSE Maths and English C / 4 grade or above
3 A Level’s in any subject to a minimum grade of BBC and 112 UCAS Points.
Strong communication skills - written and verbal
Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
Excellent time management and organisational skills
The ability to work under time pressure and maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
High level of IT skills, proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Fluency in a language relevant to the bank’s countries of operations is also a strong advantage
£50,000 salary and industry leading benefits.
At the end of your two rotational programme a fantastic role and opportunity to continue your career at SMBC.
At Raw Talent Academy, we do not recruit based on your CV, we recruit based on your ability and competence. Our Academy process will see you attend an exciting, challenging and informative Assessment Centre where you will be able to showcase your talent. You will be assessed during tasks and in an interview before receiving full, detailed feedback allowing you to develop and learn. Job offers are made within 24-48 hours to successful candidates.