As an Engineer Intern in Engineering Development Group you will become an expert in MathWorks products by supporting our customers and providing solutions for highly complex technical issues. You will have the opportunity to work on a project to enhance your knowledge of development practices. The combination of practical experience and formal training will enable you to provide valuable feedback to our development teams. Our work environment fosters and rewards cooperation, teamwork, learning, and fun. You will also gain:
- Product knowledge.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Software testing and debugging.
- Exposure to real-world applications.
- Opportunities to develop your communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Opportunities to develop your programming skills
You will be working closely with full time Application Support Engineers and have the opportunity for consideration to transition to a fulltime Application Support Engineer in EDG and other departments in MathWorks
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's level or a PhD level degree in a technical discipline.
- Additional Qualifications
- MS in Computer Science or Engineering (i.e. Electrical or Mechanical)
- Strong programming skills
- Strong Math/Calculus background
- MATLAB and/or Simulink knowledge or experience is a plus
- At least 13 weeks full-time commitment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.