The Engineering Development Group (EDG) is a key leadership development program in MathWorks, enabling successful candidates from a variety of technical backgrounds multiple opportunities to develop and demonstrate their skills for a rewarding career.
Team members in the EDG program will develop additional skills (leadership and technical), identify and explore areas of interest, and contribute to collaborative work. EDG team members receive mentoring and coaching that enables them to transition into other technical teams at MathWorks.
- This role consists of complementary components that include training, application support and collaborative project work with various technical teams. More specifically, you will:
- Demonstrate technical and leadership skills. Develop leadership skills through opportunities to show initiative, lead process improvements, coach & mentor others.
- Specialize and develop deeper technical skills in your domain and MathWorks’ product suites.
- Contribute to products and projects with teams such as Software Development, Technical Marketing and Customer Training.
- Support MathWorks’ customers on complex technical issues in MATLAB, Simulink, and our entire suite of products.
- Develop a strong customer focus and build significant product and technical knowledge by resolving technical issues.
- Identify MathWorks teams that match your professional interests and advance your career; strengthen your technical and non-technical skills to prepare for long-term success.
- Benefit from extensive learning opportunities through training, mentorship, and knowledge-sharing forums
- Masters/Ph.D. in Engineering or Computer Science
- Must hold a valid visa in the United Kingdom or a European Union Citizen
- Strong academic record
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong programming skills
- A good understanding of Object Oriented methodologies
- Experience with MATLAB is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.