GKN Aerospace in Portsmouth supply an extensive range of products for different types of fixed and rotary wing aircrafts, land vehicles, missiles, UAVs, torpedoes and marine vessels for Fuel and Flotation markets.
GKN Aerospace Portsmouth are looking for University students to come work with them for a 12 month internship.
The internship will be based in the Engineering department and consist of four rotations around different areas of the department which include; Quality, Operations and the Laboratory.
You will be a valued member of whichever team you join and we will work with you to ensure you get the most out of your placement. You do not need any prior work experience and full support will be given and training will be provided. All that we ask is that you share our common five principles; being open and honest, taking ownership, being innovative, being respectful and caring of each other and keeping each other safe.
Members of the Program can expect:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse, world class team.
- The opportunity to learn leadership skills, technical skills and cross-functional competency development.
- Thorough exposure to engineering and technology.
- An opportunity to work in several functional assignments including dealing with different manufacturing practices, research, design and development of systems, processes, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Learning to do all of this in the most economic, efficient, and effective way possible.
- Access to our engineering network.
- Learn the running, management, maintenance and improvement of the factory.
- Gain in depth understanding of analysing and improving complex industrial, manufacturing and infrastructure systems.
- Opportunity for future career opportunities at GKN Aerospace
- Must be in the process of completing an Engineering degree or similar
- Passion for aerospace
- Able to get to the Portsmouth site daily
Please apply through our Careers Portal via this link