Our 2-year graduate engineering programmes will take you out of your comfort zone and on a fast-moving learning journey. You’ll get to grips with real-life projects whilst learning on the job via a variety of placements. And depending on if you join our Bus or Rail divisions, you’ll enjoy the funding, mentorship and support you need to become an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer and future engineering leader in our business.
If you have an engineering degree and the flexibility to move to and work at different sites, you’ll work within teams responsible for the oversight of the maintenance and management of our buses or trains - quickly learning how to carry out diagnostics and inspect and repair our vehicles. Thinking on your feet in a fast-paced environment, you’ll deliver innovative technical solutions and get to know all about our business, UK Engineering Performance and depot, project and contract management.
As a talented graduate who will enjoy getting stuck into new challenges from day one you should:
- Have at least a 2:2 Engineering degree accredited by IMechE or IET in Electrical, Electronic, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualifications
- Be able to collaborate and build strong relationships with colleagues at every level
- Always put safety first and our customers at the heart of everything you do
- Be resilient and a creative thinker who looks at problems from different angles
- Have sound technical knowledge and the ambition to drive your own career development.
At FirstGroup, we provide easy and convenient mobility, improving quality of life by connecting people and communities. As a leading transport operator in the UK and North America, we offer talented graduates exciting futures and many different career routes. As part of our team of 100,000 people, you’ll help to make a big impact on the lives of millions of customers who travel on our rail, bus and tram services.
Last year around two billion people relied on our services to visit family and friends or get to work, school or college. Here, you could look forward to great perks, lots of training and learning, access to great networks and delivery of real and impactful work.
If you’re looking to develop your skills, grow your career and take on new challenges – your journey starts here!