This is an exciting opportunity for women who want to start a career or change to a career in cyber security. Join a 12-week training programme with QA – including face to face, and flexible remote learning – to give you all the skills you need to become a successful cyber security software developer. You’ll be employed from day 1 of training, because you’ll be sponsored by an industry employer. You’ll either receive a training allowance during training, or a full salary.
No experience necessary – whatever your background, we welcome your application. We just ask that you have the attitude and aptitude to learn cyber – maybe you’ve done free online cyber training, tried out coding or built a website in your own time.
You’ll meet the employers at our industry day for the programme, so you can find the right one for you and agree a job offer.
If you love learning new things, analysing things, working under pressure, and solving problems using maths and logic – this could be the career you’ve been looking for.
There is a well-publicised gender imbalance in the tech industry. We are taking that problem very seriously. So QA has created this training programme, designed specifically for women – to encourage more diversity in this fantastic industry.
What’s in store
- 12 weeks’ free training from seriously clever mentors
- Learn all about software development and testing – essential skills to be a successful cyber security software developer. You’ll also learn how to secure databases and code to become a digital protector. On top of all that, you’ll learn about the latest trends and innovations in technology – so you have the skills to create new and innovative ways to do things.
- A supportive learning environment with other women entering the industry
- Week 1 classroom induction at QA’s state-of-the-art training centre in London
- Weeks 2-12 – 2 days of classroom training in London, and 3 days of flexible remote learning per week
- A job offer from your industry sponsor – starting from day 1 of training
What we need from you
- A passion for problem solving, maths and logic
- Enthusiasm and aptitude to use and learn new technologies
- Demonstrated passion for tech – tell us on your CV if you’ve done things like free online cyber training, tried out coding or built a website in your spare time
We shape the next generation of technologists, leaders and innovators. We empower over a quarter of a million learners a year to push boundaries and thrive in the workplace. For over 30 years, we’ve worked in technology – where the impact of great learning is changing the world. People are learning to use tech to drive phenomenal change. They’re advancing their knowledge to enrich society, build a new culture, better how we live and work together. This is our passion – powering their potential.
Application process – what to expect
- QA will contact you with more information if your initial application is successful.
- If you are successful, you will be invited to an industry day where you will meet the industry sponsors, have interviews, and discuss job offers with employers.
- The industry days will take place in late February-March 2020 and the start date of training will be in April 2020.