Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We currently have a vacancy for an External Pipette Technician. The role will be Field based.
We are seeking well organised, self-motivated individuals who are able to work on their own initiative and have excellent interpersonal skills. Although no previous experience is necessary as training will be provided, an understanding of ISO, UKAS and COSHH standards would be an advantage.
This role involves travel to customer sites and may involve overnight stays
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Service and calibrate pipettes at customer sites
- Generate and be responsible for paperwork in respect of the pipette service lab
- Perform clinics in your area if required
- Engage in escalations to assist a quick and acceptable resolution, maximising customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all requirements under Health & Safety legislation and required quality systems (ISO, UKAS, GxP, etc.) are actively adhered to.
- Actively demonstrate the support of other areas/departments within the company, to ensure that a team spirit is observed.
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Service Technician / Engineer is desired but not essential
- An understanding of ISO, UKAS and COSHH standards would be an advantage
- IT literate (Use of Collaboration tools, MS Excel and MS Outlook would be beneficial)
- Manual Dexterity
- Good relationship building and customer facing skills
- Pro-active and takes ownership
- Good verbal and numerical skills
- Able to work unsupervised
- Flexible to support overtime during high demand
- Logic and problem-solving skills
- Continuous improvement focus
- 25 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Generous pension scheme
- BUPA health cover
- Sports and Social club
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of business background, area of expertise, gender and ethnicity. For more information on our commitment to Sustainability, Diversity and Equal Opportunity please visit us here
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
North East, Yorkshire & the Humber
64 Boston Road, Beaumont Leys
Leicester, LE4 1AW