Teradata UK&I Consulting Full Time Graduate Programme 2019
Launch your career at the original big data company! Voted one of the Most Ethical Companies nine years in a row.
Teradata is the hybrid cloud analytics software provider that leverages 100% of the data to uncover real-time intelligence, at scale. We enable companies to rise above the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s analytics landscape, finding answers to the toughest challenges, and powering the new era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
The Graduate Programme:
The Teradata Full Time Graduate Programme offers curious minds varied and challenging opportunities with a broad range of specialisms. Combining this with the ability to experience working with fascinating customers across all industry sectors, graduates will be learning from some of the most talented and innovative Consultants in the Data and Analytics space.
The Graduate Programme enables individuals to experience, learn and ultimately align to open roles in the following practice areas
- As a Junior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for engaging with business stakeholders, identifying their needs and translating them into technical requirements. You will be actively involved on customer sites, working with the customer, account and delivery teams on a day to day basis to ensure the design and build of our solutions create business value through solving client commercial challenges.
Business Intelligence and Cognitive Design
- The Business Intelligence and Cognitive Design Practice brings together visual designers, data visualisation experts and developers to design and create applications that connect our customers with their data and technology systems. with the team employs user research techniques, interactive prototypes (Sketch, XD, Invision, Zeppelin), data visualisation tools (D3, Tableau) and frontend technologies (React, Angular) to craft experiences and tell stories.
- As a Junior Business Intelligence Consultant, you will be part of a team that explores and understands real world challenges before designing the interfaces, visualisations and applications to solve those challenges. You will learn to facilitate immersive innovation workshops, create engaging visual designs, develop intuitive applications and tell compelling stories.
- The Delivery Excellence Practice is responsible for the delivery of all Teradata projects across our varied customer base. We’re involved in the creation of our solution offerings along with the technical practices, ensuring the scope and delivery plans are clearly defined. For all our active projects the team is responsible for the end to end delivery, managing to time, cost and quality in order to delight our customers. The project management office is part of the practice and acts as the engine room for our consulting business, responsible for our processes, governance, resource management and all aspects of financial management.
- As a Junior Project Manager, you will form part of our hard working, energetic team where you will learn all aspects of project management and the associated delivery skills. There are opportunities to take full responsibility for smaller projects and also to form part of one of our larger project or programme teams, where you are likely to lead an individual work stream.
- The Data Foundation Practice is responsible for designing and implementing analytic ecosystems that support discrete business outcomes. Through this Practice, we tackle our Customers’ most complex data and platform related issues. We help them devise the most effective data foundation from initial data acquisition, to quality assurance and testing of their entire platform. The Practice is divided into 4 sub- practices data acquisition & integration, data design & access, platform development, and testing & quality assurance. The practice is also responsible for all aspects of innovation, delivery effectiveness, talent acquisition & development.
- As a Junior Data Foundation Engineer you will form part of an enthusiastic team that define, acquire, design and deliver data ready for business users to make informed decisions and analytics. Our Customers are not the same, but the challenges we help to solve have a commonality that supports innovation, timely solutions and expedited professional development.
- The Data Science Practice focuses on solving business problems. Through predictive analytics and building technology-agnostic accelerators, the team deliver maximum client impact with minimum production uplift. The data science common denominator is the practice-specific scrum team. Led by each country’s respective Principal Data Scientist, these teams encourage self-accountability, promote collaboration within the data scientist community, and provide a common heartbeat to the workflow cadence across the entire region. GitHub, JIRA, and Slack are essential tools used for immediate access to both domain knowledge and subject matter experts within the global practice, while biannual technical schools offer equal opportunities for hands-on mentorship and community-led technical upskilling.
- As a Junior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for analysis, implementation and support of large-scale data and analytics solutions for our customers. You will work in a team whose data science efforts range from exploration and investigation, to design and development of analytic systems. Your technical leadership is extracting meaning from large scale, unstructured data and is coupled to your ability to work with engineering teams to integrate with underlying systems to deliver Big Data solutions.
- The Software Development Practice is at the heart of delivering innovative Analytic Applications for our customers. Often working closely with members of the other practices, our Software Developers understand how to make the Analytical Engine shine in Production, from designing Recommendation Systems, like the ones used by Netflix, to systems that help enable self-driving cars.
- As a Junior Software Developer, you will develop your full-stack engineering skills by coding in such languages as Scala, Java, Python and Bash while helping deliver next-generation frameworks and solutions. You’ll also learn how DevOps and Automation Engineering techniques help turn the code you write into Enterprise-grade solutions for our customers.
Why work for Teradata:
Teradata is behind some of the most popular websites and commercial platforms worldwide. And we have been voted one of the Most Ethical Companies for nine years in a row. Plus we offer all of our associates paid time off to support their favourite charities. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Teradata offers a great package and bonus structure including Pension Plan, participation in the Company Medical plan, life insurance as well as a wide range of benefits through our Flexible benefit scheme like cycle to work and many other great benefits to suit your lifestyle.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for talented individuals who have an open and collaborative mind-set, can-do attitude, great problem- solving capabilities, are a team player and an effective communicator. Being able to show natural interest and enthusiasm for Data and Analytics alongside an ability to be innovative and creative are key attributes that we look for.
Please state in your application the position you wish to apply for.
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.