Application Deadline: 8 February 2019
Assessment Centre Date: Before applying please ensure you are free on 21 March 2019 to attend the assessment centre
FinancialForce is the leading cloud ERP for the new services economy. The #1 ERP native to the Salesforce platform, FinancialForce unifies data across the enterprise in real-time, enabling companies to rapidly evolve their business models with customers at the center. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, FinancialForce is backed by Salesforce Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, Advent International, and UNIT4. For more information, visit: https://www.financialforce.com/careers/who-we-are/
Come and join the Content team at FinancialForce! The company and the role of content are maturing rapidly and as we expand the team, we are looking to incorporate a Graduate Content Creator to join us. You will be joining a friendly, talented team that will support and mentor you through a structured graduate program and the next steps of your career at FinancialForce. However, it’s not all handholding. You will have opportunities to ease into more responsibility and work directly with Product Managers, Technical Writers and Training Creators who are the subject matter experts for our products Working in collaboration with the Training and Documentation Team to ensure that materials are produced to a consistently high standard.
What we offer…
- A structured plan to enable you to realise your potential and mature as a Content Creator
- Training opportunities
- A place for you in a growing, market leading company
The job requires working as a member of project teams building new functionality or enhancing existing functionality in line with FinancialForce.com development program.
The Key Responsibilities for this role are
- Using Agile development principles, produce video tutorial scripts for new and updated applications.
- Record video demos of our applications that are used as the basis for video tutorials
- Create worked exercises to support the release preview programme, these exercises are then rolled up at each release and used by internal partners across the organisation. These exercises form the basis for the live customer training delivered by professional services colleagues
- Maintain the data set and conduct functional updates to the FinancialForce training environment (Master Training Org).
- Participate in quality reviews of the Content team’s output, and contribute to process improvements.
- Monitor and respond to issues logged by other teams against the content produced by the team.
- Contribute to the working methods and processes of the whole development team.
A successful candidate will also:
- Work towards recognised technical communicator qualifications
- Learn how to create Help files, printable release notes, including installation and configuration guides, for regular software releases.
- Develop skills in the creation of technical documentation for the FinancialForce API and Force.com developers.
- Over time feedback to the Feature Crews on the user interface. Create consist screen text and messages. Also contribute suggestions for improvements to the software design and usability.
There may be the need for occasional off-site meetings or visits. This job will require ad-hoc flexibility in working hours in order to support and liaise with the company’s US division, customers and technology partner Salesforce.com.
- You need to have excellent writing skills, including grammatical accuracy, fluent prose, and the ability to organise material clearly and explain technical concepts in a helpful way
- You will be required to work in a team and so be an excellent team player
- You need to be a good communicator, with the ability to articulate your ideas effectively
- Be a self starter, motivated with an appetite to learn
- Problem solving skills, good organisation, multi-tasking and the ability to work to deadlines and deliver projects on time
- Knowledge of XML-based authoring system, HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Agile development environments
- Experience of developing IT or SaaS training content for different subject areas, levels of complexity and audience
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all; applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.