Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
Our Product Support team are the best users of Graphcore's Intelligence Processing Units (IPUs). As a Graduate Customer Engineer you’ll be helping our customers achieve new capabilities and solve the latest problems in machine learning.
What will you be doing?
As a graduate within our Customer Engineering team you’ll support some of the world’s top machine learning innovators at deep learning research groups, academic institutions, innovative machine learning start-ups, leading automotive companies, and at some of the world’s largest cloud and internet companies.
With an aptitude for troubleshooting and its evolution, from the basic symptoms through analysis and resolution with code fixes, workarounds, improved documentation, examples, and collaboration with other teams, you’ll learn to excel in decoding complex technical and varied problems.
What do you need to have?
We're looking for problem solvers that excel in decoding complex technical challenges. With a desire to learn, work and develop in a technically challenging, fast moving environment you’ll also be;
- On track for a high 2:1 or above in a STEM discipline with a flair for problem solving
- Able to evidence your technical skills such as C++ or Python, for example through projects or previous work experience
- An excellent communicator with strong team-working and interpersonal skills, able to thrive in a customer-facing environment
- Highly motivated, action-oriented and a self-starter, demonstrated through extra-curricular activities or hobbies beyond your studies
- Passionate about the field of AI with a keen interest to continue learning
- Some experience with, or willingness to learn about, Tensorflow, MxNet, Caffe, Caffe2, Torch, and/or PyTorch would be beneficial but not essential
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a generous pension scheme. To support your well- being we provide health insurance, life cover and an employee assistance programme.