A Technology Company with a Passion for Innovation
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We employ in excess of 5,300 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Join us to deliver unrivalled geoscience insight to our clients, through complex data science techniques and ongoing development of our powerful software.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients' energy challenges.
Our own Unique blend of Technology, Science and Creative Thinking
We use a unique combination of pioneering proprietary software, visualisation applications and high performance CPU & GPU computing capabilities. Our scientific teams collaborate with customers, through the analysis, enhancement and creative problem solving of complex data.
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our largest European centre, based in South-East England, operating across a diverse global market with high profile international customers.
As a data scientist, you’ll play a vital role in the continual improvement of our processing and imaging. You will work closely with both the software development group and the scientists in our seismic imaging teams to look for opportunities for improvement and then implement solutions or applications using data science techniques. This may be to implement new workflows, to improve or automate our existing workflows, remove bottlenecks or to enhance decision making to enable us to deliver even better solutions. We expect you to propose solutions to known problems and identify new areas where you can add value with your expertise. As an integral member of our imaging team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
You are likely to be educated to a Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines;
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or similar.
Key Skills & Competencies
- A passion for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Through formal education or self-learning, a good understanding and knowledge of C/C++, python, functional programming ideally based on a Linux platform
- Understanding of Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce and machine learning
- Hands-on experience in building machine learning models from real-world data
- Experienced in deep learning techniques (CNNs) and toolboxes
- Proficiency to design, build, test and support innovative solutions
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas which lead to enhancements of our workflows
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction