We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Graduate Manufacturing Engineer in a fast paced, challenging environment at Kautex Textron CVS LTD in our plant in South Wales, starting in January 2020. The ideal candidate will be someone who has graduated within the last 18 months.
Kautex Textron CVS Limited is one of 3 UK Kautex sites and is part of the Textron Group. Clear Vision Systems (CVS) provides system solutions and sensor cleaning solutions for the automotive industry.
Dirt from muddy roads, dust, frost, snow, and pollution can all affect the performance of your vehicle's windscreen (windshield), headlamp or camera system(s). To help safeguard the full functionality of these components, Kautex CVS has created solutions for each to ensure a clear view of the road ahead.
Our organisation works with many OEM’s including Jaguar Landrover, Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Volvo.
The CVS plant in Hengoed, South Wales is the Head Office for the Global CVS division of the Kautex Group; we work closely with the Kautex Textron Head Office in Germany and with our sister plants in Europe, Asia and the America’s.
• Support current ME team with external suppliers of tooling and machines.
• To analyse and implement the manufacturing process using the most appropriate technology and ensuring process capability with respect to the total manufacturing system.
• To ensure the product design is representative of the processes available and promote design for manufacture.
• To analyse all new processes and issue standard times.
• To Update and review operator instructions and visual aids to ensure correct process implementation.
• Producing process flows and PFMEA's
• To liaise with external suppliers and customers.
• To take part in team meetings, design review meetings and policy meetings regularly.
• Manage and support the use of problem- solving activities using appropriate tools
• Install poke-yoke systems into the manufacturing process.
• Assist maintenance in reducing downtime on equipment, and optimising capacity.
• Provide cost effective engineering solutions
• Support the quotation, procurement and execution of all capital equipment related projects
• Ensures that all specific issues regarding EHS and quality are implemented and observed in accordance with OHSAS 18001 and IATF 16949.
• Maintain detailed engineering standards for the overall facility and all manufacturing equipment
• Training of technical personnel on overall machine function, processing and troubleshooting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferable Manufacturing or Mechanical at minimum (graduated within 18 months)
• Understanding of Injection and Extrusion processes (not essential)
• Manufacturing basic experience
• Production Engineering Discipline
• Participation in team based environment/facilitation of meetings (lean or kaizen ect)
To apply please send a covering letter and a CV to HengoedHR@Kautex.Textron.com by: 29th February 2020