Zonal provides market leading technology solutions for successful hospitality businesses. We are committed to investing in our R&D team and as part of our on-going expansion plans we are looking for a passionate and talented graduate to join our test team.
As a graduate test engineer you will be part of the full testing process, from analysing requirements for new changes, to testing new solutions, then automating regression tests. You will form part of a team and be placed with a mentor with time dedicated to you. You must be a true team player.
We are looking for people who are dedicated to improve, who care, will step-up, take ownership, and make a difference. You will be a graduate with a keen interest in computing and technology, have an analytical and inquisitive mind, with good attention to detail and organisational skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Generating functional, system and regression test cases and procedures within agreed timescales
- Test execution at integration and system test levels
- Attending review meetings at different stages during the development process with the aim of influencing stakeholders, reporting and facilitating overall system quality
- Reviewing requirements specifications, functional specifications and other development documentation
- Creating and maintaining test data and environment permutations
- Effectively logging, monitoring and retesting all bugs found during testing
- Escalating any issues likely to affect the project scope or timescales
- Having a positive impact on the quality of our products
- Degree in Science or Engineering e.g. Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering
- Passion for delivering quality products
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and configurations
- Understanding of hardware & software interactions
- Some understanding of a programming or scripting language e.g. C#, Python, Java, PowerShell, and experience in creating simple scripts or applications
- Excellent problem solving skills to analyse information appropriately and find best solutions taking a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions
- Organisational skills to establish efficient and appropriate plans and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met
- Ability to understand and respond to customer needs (internal and external) and exceed expectations where possible
- Work co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicate information in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Ability to be commercially and organisationally focused on the overall business and issues facing company
- Committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
- Experience in testing
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate
- Experience of working with virtualised environments e.g. VMware, Hyper V
- Understanding the principles of source control e.g. Git, SVN
- Database proficiency (SQL Server or other RDBS)
- Understanding of browsers and client-side technologies, browser/application server interactions
About The Team
The test team within the R&D department is primarily responsible for the timing and quality of the product released to the market and is a key component of the current and future success of Zonal. The company invests heavily in the R&D department to ensure we can deliver new and exciting products to enable our customers to grow their businesses. We are committed to growing our talented team through shared learning and teamwork so we can deliver fantastic results, together.