Kier Group is a leading property, residential, construction and services group, which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. With proven expertise in building, civil engineering, support services, public/private house building, property development and structured property financing, Kier is a partner people can trust.
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through our values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Being a responsible corporation is something we take very seriously. Our group of companies plays a significant part in the daily life of millions of people – whether they are our own employees, our clients or the public we serve. Kier incorporates responsible behaviour at every stage, and how our choices affect our communities, our people and our environment is important.
Your role as a Graduate Quantity Surveyor will include the following:
- Supporting the senior commercial team, you’ll be hands-on by visiting site and working with the leadership team.
- You’ll work across the whole of the commercial and pre-construction department, providing assistance in risk and value management, cost control, cost analysis, estimates and commercial management.
We have offices and projects throughout the UK so you will need to be flexible and mobile as travel will be required in the role as well as potential rotations. Travel will open you up to varied experiences and is a great way for you to gain broad knowledge and practical skills during the two-year graduate programme. Our mentors and buddies will offer you support through the programme and share their knowledge with you.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Let’s shape your world together.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- National Graduate Induction
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- Tailored business orientation
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving Chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ + 8 bank holidays
- Company car dependent on role requirement.
- Kier Awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’!
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What you need to qualify:
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2.2 or above on Quantity Surveying related programme and must be accredited by a professional body.
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.