Be bold – become a future leader of MJ Hudson
At MJ Hudson, we’re searching for our future leaders who will be able to lead teams and continue to ensure the company remains as a market leader. The scheme will offer you the opportunity to rotate through the business and gain experience and develop knowledge across a number of our teams and offices throughout Europe.
About the Group
MJ Hudson is an asset management consultancy, listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange, trading under the MJH.L symbol.
Specialising in alternative assets, we work with both well-known and emerging teams, helping launch new firms, new funds and new services. Once they are launched, we provide flexible support to help them operate more efficiently and deliver better returns to their stakeholders. MJ Hudson has invested heavily in data, technology, and analytics, allowing us to provide real time insights to our clients, helping them optimise everything they do.
From our London headquarters and our offices across Europe and North America, our team of 180 professionals works for many of the world’s most significant investors and managers.
We started as a law firm, but now our services include law, regulation, fund administration, ESG (responsible investing), investor relations, investment consulting, research, and analytics.
Working at MJ Hudson, you will get more exposure, more quickly to one of the world’s most significant and fast-growing industries.
You will spend time in the following divisions; Investment Advisory, Fund Management Solutions, Regulatory Solutions and IR and Marketing Solutions. You may also be offered the opportunity to spend some time working within MJ Hudson Spring (our Responsible Investment Services team) from our Amsterdam office.
The scheme will enable you to work with front-line staff on client projects, gaining an understanding of the industry from a practitioner’s perspective.
IR & Marketing Solutions
MJ Hudson’s Investor Relations & Marketing team helps its clients identify and communicate what makes them relevant and what makes them special. Our work helps our clients raise money, improve market share and increase the value of their brands. We work primarily with fund managers, advisers and service providers operating in asset management, with a focus on alternative assets, including private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate and credit. We also work with established corporates and newer businesses on capital raising exercises and thought leadership projects.
Fund Management Solutions
Our Fund Management Solutions (FMS) team works with fund managers and regulated advisers in financial services, delivering tailored advice and award-winning services that help them launch and grow their funds. From our offices across Europe’s major asset management centres in London, Guernsey and Luxembourg, MJ Hudson provides a complete European funds platform that includes Manager and Manco services, a full AIFM and fund administration, as well as FCA Appointed Representative services. In combination with our other service lines, the FMS team covers the alternative investment space from every angle, providing integrated legal, administration, regulatory and marketing services.
Our experienced team of analysts and advisers provide our clients with specialist advice and analytical services, across a wide spectrum of assets. Initially established as Allenbridge, MJ Hudson’s Investment Advisory team now operates under MJ Hudson Allenbridge, providing a range of investment consultancy and independent advisory services. With a high-calibre advisory team that offers substantial senior experience across the investment and pension fund industry, we are well placed to provide proactive assistance on all investment and governance matters. Our clients benefit from the strength of our dedicated team, process philosophy and long-standing knowledge of the market and our commitment to delivering comprehensive and accessible research.
The core capabilities of the Regulatory Solutions team revolve around three core pillar of (a) understanding the practical day to day business operations of our clients, (b) understanding the detailed rules and regulations that pertain to those activities and (c) applying those two aspects to help our clients launch new products / services and ensure day to day compliance.
The services provided by the team include:
- Regulatory Umbrella Services: MJ Hudson Advisers Limited permits certain businesses to undertake regulated business under its licence from the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) – these businesses are called Appointed Representatives (“ARs”). This involves a detailed understand of the business of each ARs and undertaking tailored supervision.
- Regulatory Advice: We provide advice to a wider range of businesses compared to those that are under our Regulatory Umbrella and includes: brokers, investment managers, banks and payment services businesses. This includes advice on how they should conduct their business in accordance with the rules.
- FCA Authorisations: We help new businesses obtain their own licence from the FCA.
- Outsourced Compliance: We act as the outsourced compliance partner for a wide range of businesses.
- Regulatory Change: When there are new pieces of regulation are created by either the UK or European authorities we help our clients change how they do business to comply.
MJ Hudson Spring (Responsible Investment Services)
Investors derive value from the performance of funds and their underlying portfolio companies and are increasingly concerned about the environmental and social impacts they make. MJ Hudson Spring helps investors integrate ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) aspects throughout the investment processes.
- Working with the fund management team to deliver regulatory and structuring solutions to new fund managers
- Researching and analysing investment funds with the investment advisory business
- Supporting the Investor Relations Director and team to deliver marketing collateral for client projects.
Who are we looking for?
- Undergraduates in their final year or those who have already completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Smart and talented individuals who want to work somewhere distinctive
- Motivated, hardworking individuals who can demonstrate their stamina and commitment
- Self-starters with a curious and adaptable mind, who can bring a fresh perspective
- People who like to work collaboratively and are willing to help where needed and pitch in
Why work for us?
- Our culture differentiates us. How we do what we do is out of the ordinary
- Seize the responsibility, scope and range of work on offer
- Work with interesting, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds
- Join a community of people who work well together and enjoy each other’s company
- Do meaningful work where your skills will have an impact
- Constantly learn and grow, in an ever-changing entrepreneurial environment which is never boring
What would our graduate rotation scheme offer you?
The scheme aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge that you need to go on to be successful leaders throughout your career.
On completion of the scheme, you may be considered for a permanent position within the Fund Management Solutions team, Regulatory Solutions team or Investment Advisory team, depending on your interests, natural abilities and business needs.
Our rotation programme would allow you to:
- Gain an understanding of private equity-like fund structures, namely EIS, VCTs and IHT and the investment strategies they employ
- Learn how to assess fund managers’ investment vehicles using deep-dive due diligence techniques
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Learn how to put together insightful research reports and quarterly macroeconomic reviews
- Gain experience in fund accounting
All personal data submitted to us will be processed in accordance with European data protection legislation. We will never sell your personal data and we promise to keep you details safe and secure.