Application Deadline: 18 January 2019
Assessment Centre Date: Before applying please ensure you are free on 28 February 2019 to attend the assessment centre
FinancialForce is the leading cloud ERP for the new services economy. The #1 ERP native to the Salesforce platform, FinancialForce unifies data across the enterprise in real-time, enabling companies to rapidly evolve their business models with customers at the center. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, FinancialForce is backed by Salesforce Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, Advent International, and UNIT4. For more information, visit: https://www.financialforce.com/careers/who-we-are/
You will work in the Harrogate Office as part of our R&D Organisation which consists of a number of key areas. We have Software Development teams who build new features and fix issues; a Development Operations team who manage all of the infrastructure that supports our development processes and also teams that specialise in Research, Architecture and Quality. The role will involve working in one or more of these teams ultimately becoming a productive and respected contributor to our R&D goals and objectives. You will be exposed to advanced software development processes defined by Lean and Agile methodologies. These involve strong emphasis on quality and continuous test automation and delivery. Activities carried out are diverse and can include Software Development, Test Automation, Technical Design, Code Reviews, Estimating, Planning, in fact all the tasks required associated with the production of high quality Software Features. You will get the right tools to do the job, for example, a MacBook pro comes with the role. The environment is hard working but also relaxed with a Monday to Friday casual dress code, free fruit and snacks daily, breakout areas and rest spots include Xbox and table tennis fun.
The job is office based. From time to time, travel to other offices may be required dependent upon project requirements.
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following dependent upon the teams you are assigned to:
- Developing software code to produce new system features
- Fixing software issues reported by customers or detected internally
- Designing, automating and executing unit tests for new system features or fixes
- Designing, automating and executing system tests for new system features or fixes
- Using the SCRUM methodology, which underpins the Development process
- Using a framework of published standards and practices within the company
- Collaborating with colleagues in Design, Architecture and Product Management
- Working with the Development team to collaboratively create iteration plans
- Working with the Development team to collaboratively create task estimates
- Contributing to our technical tools and supporting development infrastructure
- Researching new technologies to understand their potential for FinancialForce
- Influencing process improvements
- Analysing and solving problems
- Understanding of software applications design and structure
- Some experience in OO programming
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to clearly communicate about ideas & designs both verbally and in writing
- Resourcefulness in getting over problems and establishing clarity
- Undergraduate in Computer Science or Scientific based subject
We are looking for undergraduates in Computer Science, although other scientific subjects will be considered. It is important that you have a passion for producing the highest quality software that ultimately makes customers successful. You will enjoy team work. You will have had some experience writing software code in an object oriented language such as Java or C#.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all; applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.