A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Software Engineer to join our Software Test Team working to ensure the delivery of robust, high quality and compliant software for our Mobile Applications and Websites. This role would be suitable for someone who has recently graduated with a relevant degree, with possibly a year or two experience although this is not essential. The role will be based at our Clearblue Innovation Centre in Bedford.
- Support the complete testing life cycle; take ownership and technical responsibility for the testing of allocated elements; identify key technical challenges and provide resolutions.
- Perform analysis on input documentation (e.g. User/Software Requirements, User Stories) to ensure requirements are clear, unambiguous and testable.
- Breakdown requirements into test conditions that ensure adequate test coverage.
- Create and document automated or manual tests using the appropriate test method. Methods may include functional, non-functional, black box, white box, unit, integration, system, stress, exception and load test methods.
- Design and write automated test scripts using the appropriate software language.
- Maintain a test trace matrix to ensure adequate test coverage of requirements.
- Perform and oversee tests; document results in a concise, controlled and compliant manner.
- Use the defect tracking system to log/monitor issues and support resolution activities.
- Participate in technical reviews of test coverage, test procedures, issues & executed tests.
- Create required test documentation including test procedures and test reports.
- Actively keep up-to-date with current best practice in software testing and use this knowledge to recommend improvements.
What we need from you
- Recently graduated (within the last 3 years) with a degree in a relevant subject area.
- Experience of software development design principles and best practices.
- Experience of one or more programming/scripting languages.
- Experience of the software development lifecycle (waterfall, Agile with Scrum).
- Ability to develop realistic schedules, estimate timescales and monitor progress of self and others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a flexible approach to accommodate changing priorities of the business.
- Ability to identify and learn appropriate new technologies, techniques and practices.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills and ability to present information.
- Team player with the ability to integrate quickly into the company, forming good relationships within the teams, across departments and with co-workers within SPD and related companies.
What we can offer you
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Medical Cash Plan Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Programme
- Free Parking and Electric Car Charging Points
- Subsidised Onsite Café
- Parkland Setting
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you, at any stage during the application process, just let us know how we can help.
Swiss Precision Diagnostics (SPD) was formed in 2007 as a joint venture between Procter & Gamble (P&G) and Alere, now a wholly owned subsidiary of Abbott, to create, using its parent companies’ complementary strengths, one of the world's foremost organisations in consumer diagnostics.
We are a leading supplier of home pregnancy and fertility/ovulation tests. These are products designed to give women a better understanding of their own reproductive health and invaluable guidance in their family planning. Our research interests are in the broad application of innovative technologies for use by the consumer at home. We have a strong focus on women's reproductive health and our goals are in the continuing supply of useful diagnostic products which are sensitive, simple and affordable. In the achievement of these goals, we believe that SPD consumer diagnostic products will make increasing contributions to personal healthcare and well-being.
SPD’s Head Office is based in Geneva, Switzerland, and our Innovation Centre is based in Bedford, UK. SPD employs around 180 people.