Graduate Trainee Manager - General, Analytical and Cement Programmes for various locations throughout the UK
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the company's visions. Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK. One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer. Do you have the ambition to be a future leader? Then our graduate trainee manager programme could be for you. The structured programme is challenging but rewarding and gives you exposure to all areas of our business over a period of two or three years.
Our graduate trainee manager programmes have been designed to attract, develop and retain the graduates who will become our future leaders. Over the two or three year course you will get the chance to participate in wider company development activities and project delivery as well as commit time to your professional development in role. We will support you with a variety of training modules and one-to-one coaching from managers and mentors.
To put yourself in the best possible position to get the most from the programme, you will need to have enthusiasm for personal and professional development and the determination to succeed.
The structured programme is challenging but rewarding and gives you exposure to all areas of our business over a period of two or three years in the following locations:
The 3 year Cement programme (Chemical or Electrical engineering) will be based from either
- Ketton near Peterborough
- Padeswood near Chester
The 2 year General and Analytical programmes (Mechanical, Electrical or STEM) will be located from commutable locations to Bristol, Derby, Birmingham, Leeds, London and Leicester
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
For all our Graduate programmes we are looking for specialists in engineering, (mechanical, chemical or electrical) or a STEM related discipline (including business with maths).
The programme starts in September 2019 with assessment days in January and February 2019
The chance to gain experience across departments and business lines or in your chosen specialism
- Extensive training
- Competitive salary ( £25,500) and comprehensive benefits package
- A degree, preferably a 2:1, in engineering (mechanical, chemical or electrical), STEM or business related subjects
- Ability to express yourself through both verbal and written communication
- Strong numerical, analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent IT skills, including the full suite of Microsoft applications
- Full, clean driving licence for UK travel
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.