Who are Caterpillar? What do we do?
We are the world's leading manufacturer of Construction and Mining Equipment, and one of the world’s most respected Companies and Brands in the World. By following our industrial placement scheme, you will be able to explore various roles and disciplines around the business to help develop your career. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
What is the role?
Supply Chain is at the heart of every business, and here is no exception. Think about the daily sourcing of materials from across the world, then think about how these parts are transformed & then shipped out to customers within demanding lead-times. This is only a glimpse of what it means to work in Supply Chain but it is essential as we drive high performance to ensure we operate a robust & cost effective global supply chain that maximises long term customer value.
Working within the Supply Chain function means delivering a quality product to a satisfied customer - on time, every time, repeatedly. The department is therefore a highly important link between our teams involved in product development, production, and most importantly our customers.
What experiences can we offer you?
- Lasting between 18 and 24 month in duration, the development scheme gives you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge as you move through different areas of the business.
- Rotations typically last 6 months and can span a range of teams within the Global Supply Chain organisation including Order Management, Master Production Scheduling, Supplier Management, Logistics Engineering and Project Management.
- This programme will give you the fundamentals of supply chain, with a view of becoming a specialist on your area.
- This role utilises the Caterpillar Production System (Lean Manufacturing) Principles to deliver People, Quality, Velocity and Cost (PQVC) improvements
In addition to placements in these areas, you may also spend part of your graduate scheme working in areas such as Logistics Planning, Orders Management. You may also be offered the opportunity to work outside of supply chain in order to gain a wider appreciation of the business in areas such as Operations, Procurement, Sales, Product Management & Data Analytics.
We provide the right kind of tools & training to ensure all our graduates can achieve career success through mentoring, peer support & learning – we also offer the chance to develop further through professional study through our CTAP (career transition assistance programme).
Who are we looking for?
You will be motivated, open-minded, hard-working, confident and will embrace change. In return for your dedication and hard work, you will be provided with excellent career opportunities and strong support for your personal and career development.
Degree Disciplines Accepted (you must be on target to achieve a minimum of 2:1)
- Supply Chain or Logistics,
- Management Sciences,
- Process Engineering,
- Manufacturing Engineering,
- Data Analytics
How to Apply:
Please complete an online application at www.catukgraduates.com
Please only apply for one discipline. You will be given the option of applying for a second discipline during the application process. If you apply for multiple disciplines you will not be considered for all applications.
Caterpillar is an equal opportunity employer.