Provide leadership, direction and support to the team to ensure designs are managed effectively through pre-design to post-design review and checking. The role will report to the Head of Design & Engineering or a nominated substitute.
- Lead the team to deliver a number of design projects through the process from pre-design to post-design checking and review.
- Ensure productivity targets are delivered, through stringent planning and tracking of design approach.
- Ensure on-time-delivery (OTD) of design work to ensure Prodieco meets its customer commitments and maintains its benchmark delivery lead times
- Develop, coach and mentor the team to raise individual and team capability.
- Work closely with Technical team to ensure all inputs required to the design process are available and correct.
- Complete technical reviews of completed projects
- Liaise with Sales, and directly with customers when required to gather information necessary in order to ensure right-first-time design work.
- Continuously improve the feeder design process based on best practice and standards.
- Carry out projects to achieve advanced levels of design automation using packages such as e.g. Driveworks to yield productivity improvements.
- Conduct regular performance review meetings with the Design team to track progress against a defined set of performance KPIs.
- Ensure that quality related non-conformances from both external customers and internal departments (e.g. Manufacturing) are actioned and closed-out in a timely manner
- Ensure a customer centric culture within the team.
- Initiate studies and projects to continuously enhance the capability of the feeder team
- Be a role model in the group for Prodieco’s values
Key Performance indicators
- Productivity of design team
- On-time-delivery of design work
- Right first time % of assemblies delivered to customer site
- Innovation - # of new projects and efficiencies achieved
- Development of team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; with experience in a complex design engineering role.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of leading a team within a Design or Engineering function.
- High level of proficiency in CAD software; Solidworks, would be advantageous
- Project management skills either acquired through professional qualification and/or extensive on the job experience
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop the team.
- Proven ability to drive a culture of accountability within the team and live / develop clear standards
- Strong passion for continuous improvement and a proven ability to execute projects to achieve significant benefits.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of dealing with people/customers from all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create a participative, inclusive and involved environment.
- High level of tenacity and ability to work persistently to gather information and seek solutions to problems.
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills, with the ability to apply a systematic and logical approach when organising workload and tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, manage timelines and set priorities for others and delegate work
- Detail orientated, with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to remain calm in pressurised circumstances and able to deal with challenging situations.
- Excellent customer awareness & focus
We manage our recruitment process in line with General Data Protection Regulations. For more information on your data protection rights please view our privacy statement http://www.prodieco.com/terms-conditions/