Be Different. Make a Difference.
Are you driven, determined, open to possibilities and eager to learn? Are you motivated to work for the public interest in an organisation that will value you and encourage you to be yourself? Now is the time for you to make a difference – we can offer you the opportunity to do just that and gain first-hand experience during a time of rapid evolution in the financial services sector.
We are seeking high calibre, third-level students across a range of disciplines to join our Internship Programme commencing in early 2020. Internships will generally be between six to nine months duration.
You'll work with people who have diverse degrees, backgrounds and skill-sets. Diversity of thinking is key to success at the Central Bank. No matter your area of study, you can expect a rewarding and challenging internship at the Central Bank, whether this is working in our regulation, central banking, conduct or operations teams.
An internship with the Central Bank will allow you to gain new skills and kick-start your career. You will work with one of our teams, which include Supervisory, Policy, IT, Human Resources, Governance and Risk.
Your typical day may include:
- Supporting your colleagues with analysis, insights, information and reports
- Answering queries and dealing with issues from internal and external stakeholders
- Participating in team projects and activities, and contributing to the overall delivery of your team and division
- Assisting in on-site meetings.
What We're Looking For
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Are a current third-level student in your penultimate year of study
- Have a can-do attitude
- Are able to work effectively as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Are willing to learn
- Are driven, motivated and a self-starter
- Have comprehensive MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Previous experience of working in a professional environment (e.g. summer placement etc) would be a distinct advantage.
- Salary €20,492 (pro rata*)
- 24 days’ annual leave (pro rata*)
- Flexible working hours and excellent work-life balance
- Sports and Social Club
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities
*Please note: Internship placements will generally be six to nine months in duration.
There are two phases to the application process:
- An online application form – where you will upload your CV
- A competency-based interview.
If you are applying via your campus careers office, please do not also apply through our website.
The closing date is 6 December 2019
Apply for our Internship Programme 2019/2020.
Central Bank of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications from a diverse mix of candidates. If we can make any accommodation to enable us to see the best version of you during the selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All disclosed information will be kept confidential.
If you have any questions about our Internship Programme 2019/2020, please contact:
Graduate and Early Careers Programme Manager
Tel: +353 (0)1 224 6886