Natixis is the international corporate, investment, insurance and financial services arm of Groupe BPCE, the 2nd-largest banking group in France with 35 million clients spread over two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne. With more than 16,000 employees, Natixis has a number of areas of expertise that are organized into three main business lines: Corporate & Investment Banking, Investment Solutions & Insurance, and Specialized Financial Services. A global player, Natixis has its own client base of companies, financial institutions and institutional investors as well as the client base of individuals, professionals and small and medium-size businesses of Groupe BPCE’s banking networks.
Welcome to Natixis, the company that offers you more than just a job! At Natixis, our employees are our main asset. Please click on the link provided:
Join us and you will have the keys to make things happen and have a real IMPACT.
Join us and you will discover a world of OPPORTUNITIES.
Join us and you will make sense of your position by your COMMITMENT to society as well as the environment.
GSCS ABS/CLO Trading team is responsible for trading credit products including asset backed securities (ABS) and collateralised loan obligations (CLO) with Natixis clients. The team works very closely with the sales team and GSCS structuring teams to deliver solution to clients globally. The ABS desk averages €1bn in trading volume per month and has been rapidly gaining market share in the European structured finance market.
The overall purpose of the role would be to train and develop as a junior trader on the desk and assist the team on the day-to-day trading activities. The candidate will also work with the team to develop and produce a proprietary risk analytics system for the trading desk to better analyse and monitor the risk that is on the book as well assist clients with their analysis. The intern will help also to implement new regulation requirements for the desk (STS Due-diligence, Monitoring and Stress-Tests).
- Working closely with the trading team to design and develop a detailed proprietary analytics system which will be able to connect external data vendors with internal risk systems according to the trading team’s requirements. The system will overlay the complex structures on top of price feeds to enable the traders to quickly and accurately assess and price trading positions
- To also develop a database that records all trading price history as well as key notes from client interaction on a particular security.
- Assist colleagues from the sales and GSCS structuring teams, providing data and analysis when required.
- Implement new regulation requirements for the desk (STS Due-diligence, Monitoring and Stress-Tests)
- Perform market intelligence (Primary market database ...)
- Good academic qualifications: computer science preferred
- Extremely good knowledge of Visual Basic / Excel, database construction, SQL essential
- Some knowledge of banking helpful
- Ability to liaise and build good working relationships with all levels of staff is essential
- Analytical and enquiring
- Attention to detail
- The position holder is expected to respect the confidentiality of the Company’s information and to exercise discretion with sensitive information where appropriate.