PayScale: Grade 3
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 36.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent/ Full Time
Closing Date: Friday 13th November 2020 at 4.00pm
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Starting Salary: £20,903
Excelsior Multi Academy Trust is a growing Trust within the Education sector, looking to add an IT Field Technician to our friendly MAT team. You will be a big part of our future plans and will be involved with supporting multiple schools, helping to deliver expert levels of software and hardware support. This is a really exciting time to be part of Excelsior MAT as it will allow you to grow from within and help to progress yourself and the Trust forward.
IT Field Technician – Education Academy Trust
Birmingham / Various school locations
Who we are:
Driving Equality, Innovation & Aspiration. We are an education academy trust brand with a vision to ensure that all our schools are: outstanding beacons of equality, where pupils succeed in a safe, innovative and vibrant learning community.
Our values are:
Aspiring from the start - Where ambition begins on Day One
Ensuring equality for all - Equality - First, Foremost, Forever
Succeeding together - Alone you're good. Together we're amazing
Engaging learning - Unlocking minds every day
What we are looking for:
- Good general level of education (GCSE grades A-C), ITIL, Network +/MTA would be desirable/advantageous
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role. Experience of the following: Azure AD, Intune, Office 365, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit/WDS, Hyper-V, Anti-Virus, Google Chrome OS and Mac OSX
- Working knowledge of network, eg IP, DNS, DHCP, AD, Windows 10 desktop support, Office365, Azure AD Intune, Chrome and Hyper-V
What the role involves:
- Support the Strategic IT Manager in the development of a high-quality IT support service.
- Work with the Strategic IT Manager to ensure that the IT systems across the Trust are available for use by staff and students, kept secure, and running efficiently.
- To contribute to the development of coherent IT policies and procedures across the Trust and apply them consistently
How you’ll achieve this:
- Maintain the ICT network, installations of peripherals and software; restoring faults, replace consumables, updating software, running regular backups, ensuring software licences are updated and setting up new equipment
- Follow a schedule of ICT maintenance activities across the schools, making amendments as appropriate for additional tasks/requests.
- Support data integrity within the MAT.
- Assist the Strategic IT Manager with larger IT projects across the Trust. With support from the Strategic IT Manager, take the lead on specific smaller IT projects or aspects of larger projects.
- To ensure the schools and associated IT systems are fully compliant with GDPR and any associated data protection laws. This includes maintaining up to date records of backups, recovery checks, licenses etc, data mapping and risk management
- Assist staff with the adoption of positive approaches to cyber-security
- Deploy and monitor security software such as antivirus and encryption products through the Trust MDM.
Recruiting and Onboarding:
How to apply:
Click onto our Recruitment Portal link: https://accesspeople.accessacloud.com/ExcelsiorMultiAcademyTrustRecruitment
You are able to access the Job Description & Person Specification and Application form. You will also need to submit your application for the portal.
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not send in CV’s, the application form covers the information required and is designed to ensure fairness during interview shortlisting.
- Receipt of two references are required as part of the interview shortlisting process. Your application may be rejected if adequate references have not been provided.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a Warner (values-based) interview prior to the main interview in line with our Child Protection Policy. Successful applicants will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams.