Do you enjoy working with maths and/or technology and/or science? Would you like to contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being? Are you creative and able to think outside the box? If so, we’re looking for people like you who can help us turn maths into entertainment.
To see what we do in action check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=dgx6DbkZUok
Numberfit (www.numberfit.com) is a small but growing social enterprise with big ideas. We are looking for an individual with the energy and enthusiasm to help us grow and become an important part of our exciting and innovative journey. There are many aspects to this role.
- Delivering sessions in schools.
- Delivering sessions in schools.
- Entertainment research, developing and testing activities.
- Building a fun ecosystem of mathematics.
- Lesson preparation.
- Mathematics and Science tutoring.
You will need to be highly numerate, fun, hardworking and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills and keen to help contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being.
You will also help drive the business forward, though no experience is necessary – enthusiasm and a desire to make a positive change are more important to us.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly efficient and be able to demonstrate:
- A high level of numeracy with A level maths and a quantitative degree discipline.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Throughness with good attention to detail.
- Highly personable and able to get along with children, parents and schools.
- IT literate with good experience of all Office packages.
Numberfit is an award-winning, educational-technology, social-enterprise that aims to raise the profile of maths. We do this specifically by:
- Creating lessons where ALL children can feel the glory of winning.
- Increasing the amount of physical activity in the school day.
- Exploring the learning opportunities of connecting classrooms.
- Supporting teachers’ workloads by delivering all resources and giving them a tool to remove marking.
Numberfit is a group of projects including:
Numeberleague – physically-active maths connecting classrooms via their smartboards.
Numbertots – physically-active story-based maths for 3-5 years via immersive giant floormats.
Numberraps – a competition delivering positive maths affirmations in ‘rap-battle’ format.
Numberprep – award-winning maths and science tuition.
Numberbundle – numeracy-based activity boxes for children aged 3 to 7.
All of our projects incorporate physically active learning and have been created to raise attainment and engagement in maths and, to push the boundaries of education. Our sessions are a fun blend of problem solving, energetic physical activities and team games that challenge, motivate and encourage students of all ability levels. They focus on key topics from the National Curriculum and are proven to raise attainment and engagement in Maths.
Working for Numberfit involves contributing to all of the aforementioned projects as well as being involved in some innovative new projects under development.
Awards and acclaim
Numberfit was recently awarded UCLs Innovation in Enterprise award for 2019.
Numberfit also won a prestigious place on Goldman Sachs’s 10,000 Small Businesses programme in 2017.
Numberfit was won Santander and UnLtd’s Fast Growth Award Winners for Social Enterprises
We are located in Amersham (South Buckinghamshire) on the Metropolitan line.
If you are as excited by this opportunity as we are and would like to find out more, please apply by sending a CV and covering letter using the reference MF120 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can start this exciting journey together.