Mercury is an Irish Contractor with reach across Europe.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €770m in 2018. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Our Graduate Programme:
At Mercury, we are committed to recruiting the best people and developing them to become the leaders of tomorrow. We invest in the training and development of our team and provide the support and experience you need to fulfil your potential.
The Mercury Engineering Graduate Programme has been hugely successful in assisting graduates in building a solid foundation of skills and competencies for a lasting career with Mercury. We are committed to engaging and developing new skills and knowledge through a combination of on-site, office-based, project-specific experience, experiential learning and formal training. Mercury has been recognised year on year by Grad Ireland as one of the top 100 leading graduate employers.
Our structured training & graduate programme takes two years. The development programme is designed to set the demands of the working world as would be experienced by graduates. The courses are delivered by external and internal subject-matter experts in a dedicated learning environment. We have a strong link with Engineers Ireland, and we support graduates who wish to pursue Chartered Engineer status. Each Graduate is assigned a mentor in their first year and an executive coach in their second.
- Develop graduates to achieve maximum effectiveness in their roles.
- Develop a flexible and multi-skilled workforce capable of rapid response to changing business needs.
- Develop, motivate and retain our graduates.
- Provide skills for future innovations within Mercury Engineering.
Training and Career Development:
Graduates receive training through training initiatives delivered by leading training providers such as Engineers Ireland and Dale Carnegie. Graduates are assigned with projects and mentors. Mercury ensures that we utilise the knowledge and expertise of our people through a graduate mentoring programme. The project titles are focused on key areas of the business. The projects are presented to our senior management team.
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Experience in a diverse range of specialisations and projects
- Opportunity to work internationally
- Online training initiatives
- CPD training
- Support for chartership in employee’s profession
- Continuous Training and Development
- Lunchtime seminars
- Avail of CITA events and training
- Mentoring programmes.
Grad Programme Key Features:
- Induction programme
- Project Management
- Presentation skills
- SAP technical training
- Engineer Seminars
- AutoCAD training
- Building effectiveness
- Team building
- Time Management
- Planning skills
- Collaborative working
- Emotional intelligence
Our structured training program takes two years, during which time graduates will have the opportunity to work in a series of interesting and varied roles.
We have opportunities for Graduates in Ireland and Europe. See below some of our positions available:
- Graduate Mechanical Engineers
- Graduate Electrical Engineers
- Graduate QA/QC Engineers (M+E)
- Graduate Fire Protection Engineers
- Graduate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Advisor
- Graduate Quantity Surveyor (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Graduate Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineers
- Graduate Planners
- Business Graduates
- Marketing Graduates
- IT Graduates
- HR Graduates
- Finance Graduates
For more information please go to our website: https://www.mercuryeng.com/careers/learning-development/graduate-programmes/
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Ideally 2:1 Honours Degree / Expected 2:1
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Adaptable and solutions driven
- Able to work in a team environment
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Good organization & co-ordination skills
- Flexible to travel
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience in the Construction Industry or Trade Background