On either of our 2-year graduate operations programmes with in our Bus or Rail divisions, you’ll learn to think strategically and develop the skills you need to become a future leader within our business. You’ll get to grips with real-life projects whilst learning on the job via a variety of placements. And you’ll make a big impact on our operations and the lives of millions of customers.
Going on a fast-moving journey, you’ll gain hands-on experience in our commercial, operations and finance teams. Growing the skills you need to grow our business, you’ll learn about project and contract management. And you’ll use your analytical mind to look at data, spot new opportunities and identify ways we can improve our operations and the way we work. As our industry is always on the move, you’ll need the flexibility to move to our different sites to work within a variety of teams to broaden your experiences.
As a talented graduate who will enjoy getting stuck into new challenges from day one you should:
- Have achieved or be expecting to achieve at least a 2:2 or equivalent degree in any subject
- Be able to collaborate and build strong relationships with colleagues at every level
- Always put safety first and our customers at the heart of everything you do
- Have set your sights on a rewarding career as an operations or people manager
- Be able to see the bigger picture and understand the impact our decisions have on our customers, colleagues and bottom line.
At FirstGroup, we provide easy and convenient mobility, improving quality of life by connecting people and communities. As a leading transport operator in the UK and North America, we offer talented graduates exciting futures and many different career routes. As part of our team of 100,000 people, you’ll help to make a big impact on the lives of millions of customers who travel on our rail, bus and tram services.
Last year around two billion people relied on our services to visit family and friends or get to work, school or college. Here, you could look forward to great perks, lots of training and learning, access to great networks and delivery of real and impactful work.
If you’re looking to develop your skills, grow your career and take on new challenges – your journey starts here.