Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established, award winning and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK&I across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design and engineering service solutions to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators.
In the UK and Ireland Fichtner employ 130 professionals and operate from offices in Stockport, Dublin, and Belfast. All our graduates roles are based from our Stockport location.
We are seeking 2 engineering masters finalists who will graduate in the summer of 2019.
We are looking for:
- Min. 2.1 Master’s degree in a mechanical, aeronautical, or chemical engineering discipline;
- ‘A’-grades at A-Level (or equivalent) in Mathematics plus two science subjects; and
- Grade ‘B’ or above in English Language at GCSE (or equivalent) level.
We are also looking for the following personal attributes and skills:
- strong and concise communication skills, both verbal and written;
- an outgoing, inquisitive, and mature personality;
- very effective time management skills;
- some understanding of health and safety;
- the ability to evaluate, simplify and explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience;
- clean full driving licence; and
- ability to travel both in the UK and overseas as required.
Successful applicants will join us in the autumn of 2019 and will be trained in an initial structured 24-month programme, on the job, by recognised leaders from within our industry. You will learn about the different aspects of capital project development and be encouraged to work towards chartered status with the relevant engineering institutions.
You will liaise directly with our clients, contractors, operators, and suppliers as necessary.
What we offer:
We offer a market leading package including a great basic salary, car allowance, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance, generous bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave, laptop PC and smartphone.