Prototype Coordinator Internship
- Millburn Hill Rd, Coventry CV4, UK
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Please note this is a 12 month placement starting in June 2020 open to undergraduates.
The JL/SOI team works exclusively for customer Jaguar Land Rover. Our team comprises of representatives from Original Equipment (OE) divisions and Central Sales who work together to best serve the needs of our customers, whilst ensuring profitable and long term growth for Bosch.
- Daily review of incoming customer orders
- Transfer of customer orders into Bosch internal ordering system i.e. SAMOS/SAP
- Update and manage individual tracker
- Coordinate order management with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure all key milestones are met within agreed lead times i.e. Orders raised, manufacture, delivery and receipt of parts
Regular interaction with the customer
- Coordinating clear feedback via Production Shop to customer contact
- Reviewing weekly customer trackers and ensuring updates are sent within agreed time
- Coordinating between customer and internal stakeholders for any issues which effects the delivery of orders
Supporting Sales Engineers
- Act as an interface between Sales Engineer, customer and Production Shop
- Coordinate all new orders via Sales Engineer, confirm pricing, design level etc.
- Informing Sales Engineer of escalation topics
- Liaising with all stakeholders to ensure invoicing topics are resolved
- 1-2-1 meetings with line manager to ensure key topics are reviewed
- Input to monthly team meetings
- Ad hoc presentations relating to specific business topics
- You should be studying for a degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Engineering/Business/Administration
- Value working in a supportive and enjoyable team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in the Automotive industry
- Excellent MS Office skills, primarily Excel
- Fluent in English language, German language skills beneficial
- Previous experience with customer interaction
Please note that we would like you to start in June 2020 for a 12-month Internship. This position is open to undergraduates who are required to partake in a work placement as part of their degree course.
Before applying for this vacancy you must inform your Faculty/School Placement Officer. If your Faculty/School does not have a Placement Officer, you must inform your Course Tutor.