Job Location: Remote/Work from home
Get to know us
We create open source software that puts users in control over their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, because they give users control while providing user-friendly monetization. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million devices.
What you'll do
Fight bugs through automation and manual testing and help us ship high quality products! You’ll apply your QA expertise in the team that cares for web extension users on Firefox and Chromium-based browsers. Being an integral part of the team, you will be involved in the whole software development cycle, building quality in from the start.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Perform own exploratory testing against our products to gain familiarity with the products and their similarities and differences
- Run checklist tests against our products before releases
- Respond to requests from and perform testing for the team
- Create and keep up to date useful documentation and notes relating to the product and its testing
- Set up and maintain automation for desktop and mobile apps
A little bit about you...
- Extensive experience with software testing and quality assurance, preferably in a continuously changing environment
- Knowledge of source code management tools like Git or Mercurial
- Knowledge of basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- In depth experience with test automation
- Experience collaborating remotely using mostly asynchronous communication methods on a distributed team
- Independent but team-oriented work style
- Outgoing proactive involvement in your teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
It’s awesome, but not required, if you...
- Have knowledge of additional scripting languages
- Are familiar with device testing services like Google/Firebase test lab, AWS Device Farm, Browserstack or TestObject
- Are familiar with code review processes
- Have experience with development or testing of browser extensions
- Have automation experience with native Windows apps