Give wings to your dreams at Edwards!
The world of vacuum and abatement is full of opportunities and we can’t wait for you to explore it with us. We create some of the purest vacuum environments on earth for widescale use in industry and research. Our caring culture and cutting-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future, and we believe that passionate people make it happen.
About our program
Vacuum is one of the hidden secrets behind many of the products you rely on every day. Edwards’ products enable scientific research, food preservation and the manufacture of smart devices as well as preventing the release of hazardous gases into the environment. It’s a fast-moving market with new applications emerging all the time, so we’re looking for bright, innovative and passionate people to join our 2020 Science and Engineering Innovation Graduate Program .
At Edwards’, you’re empowered to explore opportunities and drive your professional development. As a graduate on our prestigious 2-year program, you’ll have access to all the training, learning and assistance you need to become a specialist in your area of expertise. You’ll work alongside some of the world’s top experts in vacuum and abatement technology on a broad range of exciting, real-world projects that will transform the way we live, work and communicate.
We are actively developing sustainable solutions that enable a significant reduction in our customers' environmental footprint, while also driving down our carbon footprint within the business through waste reduction and renewable energy projects.
Empowering people, enabling Innovation.
Whatever the size or scope of the vacuum and environmental requirements, we use our experience to achieve the best outcome for our customers. We take pride in our globally recognised position as the leading technology partner and supplier of vacuum and environmental solutions in support of our customer's productivity and environmental targets.
Our team will not be limited by conventional thinking to offer technology-driven solutions, and this requires a huge variety of skills and capabilities. Providing simple solutions to complex problems, it’s an exciting journey and you can play a key role.
One of our greatest strengths is the diversity of our workforce with men and women of all educational and cultural backgrounds working together. We are searching for graduates with a variety of backgrounds and degree subjects to join our team.
We believe that talent and diversity is the key to success and that everybody should feel valued and able to reach their full potential, both in their development and their contribution to the business.
Big thinkers. Inspiring designs. With the Edwards Graduate Development Program, you are about to become a member of the world-class team that our customers turn to.
Be part of our future
Explore your career opportunities with Edwards Ltd
Where could I work?
As a recent graduate, you could find yourself in one of the following locations:
Burgess Hill (West Sussex), Clevedon (Somerset).
Minimum Degree requirements: 2.1 Bachelors or 2.2 Master’s degree in disciplines such as:
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics, Software, Systems, Chemistry, Physics, Data Science, Environmental Science
Day-to-day, as part of our team, you'll be:
- Growing skills and experience in a technical environment enabling you to gain valuable business knowledge and influence and deliver important innovation projects to time and budget.
- Experiencing working within a truly global multidisciplinary organisation.
- Learning vacuum and abatement science and understanding our customers applications.
- Developing new innovative technologies and solutions for deployment in future products.
- Using advanced simulation tools to optimise product design and application solutions.
- Designing, testing and evaluating solutions and making suggestions for improvements.
- Writing technical reports and presenting results to team members and project sponsors.
- Gaining exposure to Intellectual Property, Engineering Processes and Finance disciplines.
What are we looking for?
- Passion for working in a Scientific/Technical environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Curiosity, creativity and commitment to push the forefront of technology
- Drive and desire to achieve professional accreditation.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a specialist team.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to analyse problems and develop innovative solutions.
- A keen interest in researching and developing solutions across a wide technology arena, utilising advances in engineering, science, software and digital technology.
Why join us?
- Caring culture and cutting-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future.
- Opportunity to drive your own career development.
- Flexible working.
- Deepen your technical expertise.
- Collaborate with world experts.
- Grow through experience, paired with support and mentorship from senior leaders.
- Unlock new solutions to the many pressing issues facing Vacuum and Abatement today.
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities.
We’re committed to leading change for gender equality and equity in our industry with active involvement. It’s a reflection of who we are and it’s what we believe in – shaping a better future.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process so if you have any specific requirements regarding how we can support you better, please contact us.
Some of our programs are incredibly popular, so to avoid disappointment we recommend you apply as soon as possible