Science & Engineering Innovation Graduate Programme 2020
Give wings to your dreams at Edwards!
The world of vacuum and abatement is full of opportunities and we can’t wait for you to explore it with us! We create some of the purest vacuum environments on earth for widescale use in industry and research. Our caring culture and cutting-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future, and we believe that passionate people make it happen.
About our Graduate programme
Vacuum is one of the hidden secrets behind many of the products you rely on every day. Edwards’ products enable scientific research, food preservation and the manufacture of smart devices, as well as preventing the release of hazardous gases into the environment. It’s a fast-moving market with new applications emerging all the time, so we’re looking for bright, innovative and passionate people to join our 2020 Science & Engineering Innovation Graduate Programme.
At Edwards you’re empowered to explore opportunities and drive your professional development. As a graduate on our prestigious 2-year program, you’ll have access to all the training, learning and assistance you need to become a specialist in your area of expertise. You’ll work alongside some of the world’s top experts in vacuum and abatement technology on a broad range of exciting, real-world projects that will transform the way we live, work and communicate.
We are actively developing sustainable solutions that enable a significant reduction in our customers' environmental footprint, while also driving down our carbon footprint within the business through waste reduction and renewable energy projects.
Big thinkers. Inspiring designs. With the Edwards Graduate Development Programme, you can become a member of the trusted world-class team that our customers turn to.
Where could I work?
You will be based at our Global Headquarters in Burgess Hill, which is a 15 minute drive from the Sussex coast. You could also undertake a placement of up to 8 months at either our Eastbourne (East Sussex) or Clevedon sites (Somerset).
Day-to-day, as part of our team, you'll be:
- Growing your skills and experience in a technical environment enabling you to gain valuable business knowledge and influence and deliver important innovation projects to time and budget.
- Experiencing working within a truly global multidisciplinary organisation.
- Learning about vacuum and abatement science and understanding our customers applications.
- Supporting the development of new innovative technologies and solutions for deployment in our future products.
- Using advanced simulation tools to optimise product design and application solutions.
- Designing, testing and evaluating solutions and making suggestions for improvements.
- Writing technical reports and presenting results to team members and project sponsors.
- Gaining exposure to Intellectual Property, Engineering Processes and Finance disciplines.
- Recently achieved or predicted 2.1 degree, or 2.2. Masters degree, in either Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Data Science.
- Passion for working in a Scientific/Technical environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Curiosity, creativity and commitment to push the forefront of technology.
- Drive and desire to achieve professional accreditation.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work together as part of a specialist team.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to solve problems and develop innovative solutions.
- A keen interest in researching and developing solutions across a wide technology arena, utilising advances in engineering, science, software and digital technology.
Benefits & Rewards
- Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A competitive salary, annual bonus, health cash plan, pension, ride-to-work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- A robust career development rotational plan, e-learning modules, on the job technical training and skills workshops.
- Health and Wellbeing programme.
- Early Careers Community Forum and global network.
- Continuous support and mentoring.
7th September 2020
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 31st May, however, if we receive a high number of applications we will close for applications, we therefore recommend you apply early.
Please note we can only accept applications from individuals with the unrestricted right to work in the UK.