Known globally for the development of revolutionary technologies, Abbott Diabetes Care designs, develops and manufactures glucose monitoring systems for use in both home and hospital settings.
We have a Centre of Excellence in Witney for the manufacture of electrodes and biosensors used by patients and healthcare professionals for the day-to-day management of diabetes. The Operations group is the largest team in the Witney facility, producing significant volumes of test strips and sensors per year to the high quality standards demanded by European and US authorities and our internal quality systems.
To support ongoing business growth and investment in our site, we have a new opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our Operations Systems team.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be using your computer programming skills and interests to develop software driven systems to support both the manufacture and testing of the final product. You will be contributing to the design and development of software applications, data analytics and business intelligence to support highly automated and complex manufacturing processes. You will work in a highly motivated team environment delivering validated systems that are open to auditing by internal and external bodies.
To be successful, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- A relevant degree such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Control Engineering;
- Experience of Visual Studio Application Programming (C++ or C#);
- Experience writing machine interface software (eg Data Acquisition, Vision Systems, Real-time Machine control);
- Experience of using relation databases within application development;
- An understanding of the importance of Quality standards (eg Good Manufacturing Practice) and Regulatory Bodies (eg FDA) and following structured and defined methods in your work;
- Knowledge of embedded systems software and\or electronics would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills to help you to explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
In addition to highly competitive salaries, Abbott offers a very attractive benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme, a share ownership scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, and a flexible benefits scheme which you can tailor to your own requirements. Here at Witney, we also like to help our employees live life to the fullest, and therefore we offer a range of optional initiatives for you to get involved in, including onsite allotments, couch to 5k campaigns, bee keeping, yoga and more!