WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
YOUR ROLE AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN
As a software engineer intern you will;
- Learn what it means to be an engineer in a real world environment
- Enhance you knowledge of algorithm complexity, data structures and writing fluent code
- Build knowledge of our business model and build relations across our trading and technology teams
- Have access to classroom sessions, pair programming and peer reviews.
A few reasons why this is your future internship
- Work on meaningful and challenging projects
- Supported by a mentor who will oversee you projects and professional development
- Access to way more than just writing code and design technology
- Secure a graduate position before actually graduating.
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
Great relationships are based on an exchange, the give and the get. Here we get straight to the point;
The Give – what you’ll need to bring
- In (pen)ultimate year of Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field of study
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Proficient experience in a programming language (Java or C++ preferred)
- Interest in financial markets is a must, no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Available for at least 12 weeks.
The Get – what we’ll give you
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Compensation – highly competitive salary, accommodation (and costs) taken care off
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool office with great people.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.