Embark on an exciting career in technology and help us build the bank of the future.
About the business area
Technology’s crucial to how we function as a bank and serve our customers. How we harness its potential is vital to our future and achieving our vision. In Technology we work closely with all parts of the bank to understand customer and business needs, and deliver cutting edge solutions in a dynamic environment.
Our highest priority’s to delight our customers with the delivery of valuable, responsive, reliable and secure products and services.
About the programme
Our aim in this two year programme’s to equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences you’ll need to become a highly capable Software Engineer. As a graduate trainee, you’ll learn how technology works in a large organisation and gain hands on experience across the full lifecycle from requirements analysis to deployment and support.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £31,850 a year.
During the programme, you can look forward to:
- Working collaboratively in an agile environment to deliver technology solutions that meet the needs of our customers and colleagues in the most efficient, cost-effective and reliable way
- Building the technical skills needed to become a highly capable software engineer, delivering top quality code
- Gaining experience in all aspects of the development lifecycle from requirements analysis through to coding, testing and deployment
- Developing the confidence and influencing skills to innovate and challenge the status quo
The programme begins with an in-depth induction, where you’ll get to know fellow graduates and learn about our customers and how our bank works on a holistic level.
Throughout the programme you’ll have the chance to explore what we do, and help to shape leading technology for our customers and colleagues. You’ll gain a breadth of experience and knowledge to give you the best possible start to your career.
From day one, you’ll have a wide network of dedicated people to support you, including a Graduate Coach, Buddy, and Placement Manager. They’ll be there, every step of the way, to answer questions, help you build your professional network and support you in your career development. There’s also the opportunity to collaborate with fellow graduates on other schemes.
On completing the programme, you’ll be well positioned to take on a permanent position with us as a Software Engineer.
You’ll need to be on course for, or have already achieved, a 2:1 in a STEM subject.
We understand that technology plays an incredibly important role in our organisation, but it’s our people who have the ability to truly evolve us. If you have a passion for change and are looking for a career in software engineering, join us and help us move towards the bank we’re becoming.
- A strong customer focus
- Problem solving skills, with a willingness to learn and quickly adapt to change
- A curious, innovative and creative mind set
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build great working relationships
In short, you’ll have to be something of an all-rounder, as comfortable solving technical problems as you are explaining concepts and thrashing out ideas with others.