SES Engineering Services (SES) is the UK’s pre-eminent design-led Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) provider delivering bespoke, design-led, cost efficient solutions optimised for the whole construction team. We collaborate with our clients to ensure their environments and spaces function just as they need to.
This role is available within various locations. Please click on the link below and use the filters that are available on the left-hand side of the webpage to search for roles that may be available within your preferred location.
If you're interested in design and like putting your analytical and problem-solving skills to the test, then our Student Engineering Programme may be the pathway for you.
Our Engineers are responsible, in short, for all the functional characteristics of a building that take it from being an empty shell to becoming a comfortable living space. Tasks can vary from designing the air filtration system in a forensic lab to controlling the temperature and lighting systems in an office to engineering the floodlights in a sports stadium.
As a Student Engineer, you will be involved in:
- Advising on cost-effective and energy efficient systems
- Drawing up plans, using computer-aided design and building information modelling software
- Testing systems and making changes to plans where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services and managing their maintenance once the building is completed
- Making sure all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation
Our Student Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Student Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
As well as structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training, you will also complete either a higher apprenticeship in Building Services, or a degree apprenticeship in Building Services Engineering depending on your level of education.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our SES business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offer
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade 4/C and above, including Maths and English.
- A-Level grade C or above in Maths/Science/Design-based subjects
- Level 3 or equivalent in a technical Construction qualification
- HNC in a non-construction related subject
- Degree in a non-construction related subject
3 A-Levels or equivalent at grades BBB or above
This role will close on Sunday 17th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.
If you are interested in joining our SES business please apply now