As an Associate Technical Account Manager (Associate TAM), you will help the VMware UK TAM team to build and maintain post-sales relationships with VMware's customers. These customers are typically large accounts adopting VMware virtualization software across their data-centers. You will work together with other TAMs in the team ensuring successful implementations, that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their standardization on VMware technology. Ultimately you may act as their single point of contact into all of VMware in order to become their trusted advisor. TAMs consult closely with customers to ensure their happiness and Return On Investment with the VMware platform. TAMs are also the customers' virtualization guide and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues. In addition, TAMs actively expand VMware platform adoption and standardization within accounts, driving relationships at every level internally and externally to advocate VMware technology and inspire change.
This is a junior profile position working in a collaborative, fast-growing and flexible working environment. After having completed a 6-week initial training and enablement in Cork, Ireland you will:
- Shadow and support part of the TAM team who provide project leadership for the customer's major VMware initiatives.
- Assist the other TAMs to answer customer questions and help them to prepare the bi-weekly or quarterly reports.
- Help to design and develop creative solutions to customer requirements using our server and desktop products, with cooperation from the TAMs, our internal engineering group and consulting architects as required.
- Handle and drive various requests across multiple client engagements.
- Function as a front-line technical resource for "methodology" and informal customer questions.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Management and Technology, Business Technology, Business Information Management, Information Technology Management, Information Technology for Business, Computer Science or relevant field of study.
- Some knowledge of the use of modern software methodologies, with emphasis on infrastructure design (storage, network and system).
- Analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and communicate with internal and external counterparts.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrated ability in customer-facing situations.
- Ability working with cross-functional teams
- Fascination with information technology and its use in business
Equal Opportunities Statement:
We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.